Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Questing 2.0
it wont be released untill they figure out a way to do some sort of encryption to keep it protected. A lot of hard work went in to it and the creators of the profile dont want it taken. So it will realse when its released. asking all the time wont speed it up. Trust me there will be a huge announcment when the encryption stuff is done and the release of 2.0 questing. you wont miss it.
I'm hoping it comes out soon as well, but only the devs would know.
I know asking wont speed it up :). However I'm curious about when the projected date of completion is, relevant to heavensward.

pre / post heavensward
(03-30-2015, 07:27 PM)Rustyclippers Wrote:  I know asking wont speed it up :). However I'm curious about when the projected date of completion is, relevant to heavensward.

pre / post heavensward

Yeh same, would really appreciate a reesponse from the guys who are developing it
Ace showed us a teaser for it months ago, then weve not been told anything since except from Jackie which was basically - youll get it when you get it.

Wish i could get away with that at work..

Construction Manager: Kaeyt when are your construction drawings going to be finished, we need to get this building built!
Kaeyt: Soon...
Construction Manager: What do you mean soon? When is soon? How long?
Kaeyt: If you keep asking it wont make me do them faster, trust me when they are ready ill let you know.
Construction Manager: Enjoy your long weekend, we wont be needing you on Monday

lol
Other than being able to queue multiple quests, what is the big OMG rush that people cant seem to wait for 2.0 that cant be done today? Delay reduction? I mean, 2.0 will be great, but what specifically has everybody's panties wet that they cant wait 2-3 months ( the preview was posted in January)?
questing 2.0 is done, there is no time table for the completion of the encryption. only the devs know and they are not releasing that info. there are bug fixes, some RE work, and the constant nag to get the bot to work on windows 10 that they are dealing with atm. Its on a list of things to be done, its being worked on. But no time table for specific task.

(03-31-2015, 02:01 PM)rsilva712 Wrote:  Other than being able to queue multiple quests, what is the big OMG rush that people cant seem to wait for 2.0 that cant be done today? Delay reduction? I mean, 2.0 will be great, but what specifically has everybody's panties wet that they cant wait 2-3 months ( the preview was posted in January)?

exactly the only real benifit from 2.0 is one big profile isntead of broken down in to small ones. you can acomplish the exact same stuff with the current system it just takes slightly longer cause its 1 quest at a time.
There are many more benefits than just being able to conjure up all the quests into 1 profile. Have you actually used 2.0?
(03-31-2015, 02:01 PM)rsilva712 Wrote:  Other than being able to queue multiple quests, what is the big OMG rush that people cant seem to wait for 2.0 that cant be done today? Delay reduction? I mean, 2.0 will be great, but what specifically has everybody's panties wet that they cant wait 2-3 months ( the preview was posted in January)?

I'm in no rush and can wait just fine. I'm just curious about if we will be able to use the 2.0 quest builder for heavenward launch. Building a bunch of new quest profiles and then having a new system implemented a few weeks later would kind of be like having a catheter yanked out.

I should have phrased the question properly. I know they are waiting on the completion of the encryption before launching it, however there is no encryption thread so I just asked about the questing.

I'm not trying to pester or nag. I just haven't heard anything in a while, and im nosey

(03-31-2015, 04:14 PM)Latty79 Wrote:  There are many more benefits than just being able to conjure up all the quests into 1 profile. Have you actually used 2.0?

I wish, give us the sexy details
(03-31-2015, 04:14 PM)Latty79 Wrote:  There are many more benefits than just being able to conjure up all the quests into 1 profile. Have you actually used 2.0?

besides doing more then 1 quest at a time, and able to have just one profile. It gets me the same end result as the other version of questing. Story completed up to shiva. i still had a few stuck spots but, basically it got me where i was going just as the old questing did. I'm sure there is a TON of backend stuff and double checks, and i love the takes you to inn when its time to start the next duty. Not knocking your guys hard work. just stating to these guys that they can still get the same stuff done with the older version, its just not as stream lined. instead of waitng for 2.0 they can still use their old profiles and get story completed.
  • Multiquesting
  • Quest flags
  • Step conditions and completes
  • 1 profile to rule them all

The bot will be able to start, do, complete multiple quests at the same time. Each time a step is completed, it does a distance check on every other step (start, interact, etc...) in the profile based on what is currently available to you and does those closest to where you are at the time.

Quest flags are introduced into the profile making delays we previously set obsolete. It tells the bot what part of the quest you are on and goes to that step in the quest automatically. Previously the bot would sometimes get confused and you'd have to set the step # manually. No longer the case.

Step conditions and completes also helps to make the bot even more stable. For example, you can set up a specific step to only trigger when you are on a certain mapid, or have certain gear equipped before doing that step.

As previously mentioned, you can (don't have to) make just 1 large profile.

The bot automatically does hunting logs when you run out of available quests.

The bot will auto attune to aetherytes if the current aetheryte on the mapid you are on isn't attuned. No need to put seperate interacts in the profile to get it attuned.

Most quest actions have been redone if they needed it for stability. An example being interact. Instead of it going to the position in the profile for the interact, it'll interact at various ranges depending on when it can successfully trigger, meaning in general the range of it is longer.

My profile with all the side quests added got me to 2.5 story end in around 3 days with a bunch of breaks in between when the bot had stopped due to needing dungeon complete. Yes you can set it to an inn room before a dungeon and stop the bot.