Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 2.79 Average
Tera Online!
im wondering if in the future minion will shine its light unto Tera online? thanks!
(02-13-2015, 10:50 PM)blackoni373 Wrote:  im wondering if in the future minion will shine its light unto Tera online? thanks!

There's nothing "worthy" to bot farm in "Pay to Win" TERA. The mobs drop nearly no loot at all.

Want Gold? Pay $ to Buy EMP -> Use EMP to buy RNG Lootboxes from the Cash($) Shop and resell them on the Trade Broker.

Want "Masterwork Alkahests"? Buy Keys and RNG Lootboxes from the the Cash($) Shop.
(02-14-2015, 05:42 AM)Meridian Wrote:  
(02-13-2015, 10:50 PM)blackoni373 Wrote:  im wondering if in the future minion will shine its light unto Tera online? thanks!

There's nothing "worthy" to bot farm in "Pay to Win" TERA. The mobs drop nearly no loot at all.

Want Gold? Pay $ to Buy EMP -> Use EMP to buy RNG Lootboxes from the Cash($) Shop and resell them on the Trade Broker.

Want "Masterwork Alkahests"? Buy Keys and RNG Lootboxes from the the Cash($) Shop.

drop no loot? pay to win? i been playing tera ever since it went free to play. yes i have spent real money to buy coustume items, but even that u can buy with in game gold from auction house. alkahest? buy with emp? sure but why? u can farm it from LoT this game is only pay to win if ur lazy. everything in the game can be bought with ingame money. or simply by farming it urself.
(02-14-2015, 12:13 PM)blackoni373 Wrote:  drop no loot? pay to win? i been playing tera ever since it went free to play. yes i have spent real money to buy coustume items, but even that u can buy with in game gold from auction house. alkahest? buy with emp? sure but why? u can farm it from LoT this game is only pay to win if ur lazy. everything in the game can be bought with ingame money. or simply by farming it urself.

drop no loot? -> Drop nearly no loot for normal mobs
pay to win? -> More like pay to advance, since you can't slaughter 20+ players with Max Tier gear unlike ESOnline.

Assuming that you farm 8 Masterwork Alkahests per 10min in LoT and each Alkahest cost 100g, you will be farming 4800g per hour. (Pretty sure drop rate has been nerfed to 3-6)

Based on Gold:EMP Ratio of 1:16, price of 1000g is $0.63. So 4800g per hour = $3.02 per hour per bot instance
(02-15-2015, 07:56 AM)Meridian Wrote:  
(02-14-2015, 12:13 PM)blackoni373 Wrote:  drop no loot? pay to win? i been playing tera ever since it went free to play. yes i have spent real money to buy coustume items, but even that u can buy with in game gold from auction house. alkahest? buy with emp? sure but why? u can farm it from LoT this game is only pay to win if ur lazy. everything in the game can be bought with ingame money. or simply by farming it urself.

drop no loot? -> Drop nearly no loot for normal mobs
pay to win? -> More like pay to advance, since you can't slaughter 20+ players with Max Tier gear unlike ESOnline.

Assuming that you farm 8 Masterwork Alkahests per 10min in LoT and each Alkahest cost 100g, you will be farming 4800g per hour. (Pretty sure drop rate has been nerfed to 3-6)

Based on Gold:EMP Ratio of 1:16, price of 1000g is $0.63. So 4800g per hour = $3.02 per hour per bot instance

well to each its own. i enjoy the game and thousands others do as well. our argument has went way off the topic of what i originally started this thread for. i am not asking if the game is good or bad, i am simply asking if we will have minion bot for the game and lets just keep it at that.
(02-15-2015, 12:51 PM)blackoni373 Wrote:  well to each its own. i enjoy the game and thousands others do as well. our argument has went way off the topic of what i originally started this thread for. i am not asking if the game is good or bad, i am simply asking if we will have minion bot for the game and lets just keep it at that.

Just my 2 cents, here are the reasons whether the DEVs want to make a bot for a game:

1) DEVs' personal interests (it might be monetary or simply just for the fun and "kick of it".

2) Is there a significant large customer population for it? (GW2 and FFXIV have EU/US and China customers while ESO has EU/US customers. There's only 2 of us posting in this TERA thread for the past 2 days, as compared to the 50+ people posting in the Wildstar Online thread 1+ year ago, and Wildstar Online didn't get a bot.)

3) Is the game easy to disassemble/reengineer? (TERA claims that all code is Server-based, even viewing inventory is also server-based code, which causes massive client UI lag.)

4) Do the different regional game clients share nearly the same code base? (Tera China and Tera US game clients are vastly different. Tera China has combat pets while Tera US has none)

5) Does the game have draconic hack detection and crazy hourly patches? (1 reason why RIFTMinion was withdrawn from market)

6) Will making a bot for a game create a huge legal backlash (lawsuits and injunctions)? Best example is Blizzard's WoW.
Tera was a beautiful game and I had high hopes for it. Sadly it lacks really any reason to bot does not have any complex combat routines and no gathering or craft system really. You can level cap every class in about 1 - 2 weeks of play at least I did and only because I got bored lol so not really needed.
(02-13-2015, 10:50 PM)blackoni373 Wrote:  im wondering if in the future minion will shine its light unto Tera online?   thanks!

Awesome if it does.