Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Invalid Account?
Account Name and password are correct for my XIV acct. server is right, data center is right. the keycode i got sent in email for activation is what i plugged in for keybode and then my forum password. I also tried keybode as my login for the forums but that didnt work either. Help please/ty
invalid account means your ffxiv username and info is incorrect or it is unable to contact the ffxiv launcher. so double check the path to your ffxiv.exe for the gui_launcher and double check your user name and password.

account: ffxiv account
password: ffxiv account password
forum password: minion forum password.
Checked credentials several times. Could it be that i have a authenticator? And the keycode is that long string we got emailed? Also that pathing is weird. I have that FFXIV .exe file on my desktop but when I choose path it isnt default.. i have to drop the box all all types of .exe not just the default xiv
(04-12-2015, 11:17 PM)hya1221 Wrote:  Checked credentials several times. Could it be that i have a authenticator? And the keycode is that long string we got emailed? Also that pathing is weird. I have that FFXIV .exe file on my desktop but when I choose path it isnt default.. i have to drop the box all all types of .exe not just the default xiv

You must disable the authenticator if you want to use GUI_launcher accounts. If you want to still use the authenticator, then login normally -> open gui_launcher.exe -> then attach bot
http://www.mmominion.com/Thread-Read-Thi...ort-thread
Also I want to report some things, there was a time where I botting, then suddenly my internet goes "Request timed out" for around 1-2 mins. My ISP been a bit bumpy nowadays. Like this
[Image: 5f5b6a1272.png]

During this time, the ffxiv.exe (game client) closed itself. And as usual, the bot's gui_launcher will retry to login. The launcher said "Launching" then a few secs later it was giving me Invalid Account. No, my account isn't invalid! username and password is correct, my internet is just having rto spikes some times,.
And the "Stop" button next to the (Settings and Manage) turned into "Start"..... and bot stop completely.... from any attempt to relogin.

Lucky I was awake, so I pressed the "Start" button again (after the request timed out problem gone, and internet back to normal), and the bot runs.

tldr in short:
Invalid Account error isn't caused just because of there's something wrong with credentials (password, and user id), but can also be caused if there's internet connection problem on your side.

Hopefully there's a way to make it keep retrying in 1 minute, rather than completely stop restarting.
i guess you dont read what we have said regarding invalid account.

1. Your user name is wrong
2. Your Password is wrong
3. Minion bot cannot comunicate with the ffxiv authentication.

anything that causes ffxiv authentication during log in process will cause invalid account.
(04-24-2015, 02:12 AM)Cichard Wrote:  i guess you dont read what we have said regarding invalid account.

1. Your user name is wrong
2. Your Password is wrong
3. Minion bot cannot comunicate with the ffxiv authentication.

anything that causes ffxiv authentication during log in process will cause invalid account.

Yes I didnt read the thread, and would like to suggest something.

Code:
FFXIV Client closed?
- Retry to relog
- Check internet connection (by pinging google or something)
-- If internet working and no error, proceed to login function.
-- If internet is not working or there's connection issue, check internet again and attempt relog back in 60 seconds.

Login Function:
- Make sure internet connection is working.
-- If success, go as normal. Any errors: Invalid Account.

instead of current one.
Code:
FFXIV Client closed?
- Retry to relog
- Proceed to login function.
- If success, go as normal. Any errors: Invalid Account.

The way it is working now, when I sleep or away and if there's RTO spikes and causing my internet to go down for a bit, the bot will not go back and I lost some botting hours. I live in backwater country where internet connection sometimes become bad, and please dont tell me to switch isp because there's only 1 isp that covers my place :(. This kind of improvement will help me alot in preventing bot downtime.
When you lose your connection, the launcher cannot veify your account, so it will either throw an invalid account, or a network error. It's normal. Those dropouts are your ISP, complain to them.

TWC has been doing that to me for weeks too, about to drop them