Thread Rating:
  • 34 Vote(s) - 3.97 Average
My Astrologian profile
I am working on a new version that uses less priority slots that has vastly improved reaction time for the cards. The healing aspect of the bot despite the priority list places healing ahead of all else which seems to cause some stutter in the logic of how it handles the card buffs.

Should be ready by weekend.
(07-09-2015, 04:05 PM)Kiljaedon Wrote:  I am working on a new version that uses less priority slots that has vastly improved reaction time for the cards. The healing aspect of the bot despite the priority list places healing ahead of all else which seems to cause some stutter in the logic of how it handles the card buffs.

Should be ready by weekend.

ty and much appreciated cause i suck at making any profile

been trying to for my pally and i just keep failing xD
Question. Do people want the default to be you spread ewer to use on self when mana dumps below 30% and to shuffle and royal road spire/bole/spear? Also should I default Celestial Opposition for when you have aether up to extend the refresh buff? And do people really want swift res support?
Swift + Res support would be dandy.
Maybe even throw in lightspeed + rez support if/when all party members are above 65%?

Bole/Spire: I use on the Tank when drawn.

Spear: Shuffle / Roaded if it's up. (Otherwise I'll toss it to MCH > SMN > Melee DPS > BLM etc.)

Arrow: SMN > BRD (w/ WM up) > Non-BLM DPS > BLM
Balance: BLM DPS > Non-BLM DPS

That's my personal preference though
Time Dilation I'll usually hang onto for Bole > Balance > Arrow (depending on content)
Cel. Opposition on Lum. Aether should be good.

Trying to figure out a way to trigger Collective Unconcsious appropriately but having no luck.
Automated bole feels like a bigger waste when it seems better to try to shuffle to arrow or balance. For the most part all cards are meh and better used for rail road and balance. I'll put in res support and for now celestial is just a buff extender for aether.

Minus movement light speed seems too niche. Ressing as an astro is almost a guarantee oom issue. When I did have res support on my bot was struggling to keep mana.

Setting up a priority for dps I am working on.
That's def valid, main reason i bring it up is I've seen a lot of people on reddit mention it's usefulness for fights like Rav EX and stuff :P

Interesting, thankfully I haven't had too many instances where I've needed to Raise mid combat.

DPS priority will def be a huge boost to the profile :)
A dps priority does up the professional level but also realize it does not efficiently handle the buff still. When I play normal I look at who is the highest sustained dps for my buffs and I want to put conditions to where it gives balance to jobs with certain damage boosting abilities up but also the longer you hold onto a card the longer the delay is on drawing another card. It is most efficient to use the card as you draw it or shuffle. Royal Road should be used pre pull hoping for a balance.

Ultimately I want to store balance in spread and prep a royal buff and use balance once I am finished revamping the card system. But efficiently you will want to use your cards as much as possible. My brother on his machinist parsed about 3% higher when I was able to keep weapon/balance/spire on him consistantly over fishing for balance and waiting for him to prep his cooldowns it was barely .5% total dps improvement. Honestly really revamping the card system I want to do but so much work for so little gain right now while the cards sort of suck takes a bit of wind out of my sail. I will just have no filter for normal use card as fast as possible then use filter 2 for priority+royal road and shuffle/spread.
I feel really dumb, I cannot find the assist function to set the filter :/ any help?
Astrotest is up. Please try it out and leave comments. Lower level support and raid specific support will occur once astro changes hit and savage is out. Astrotest.rar has healed all fight sin the game at 178 I level.
Ok. Going to be diving into savage tonight with my astrologian. Will have a white mage partner that swaps to scholar depending on need so he will help me test out my changes. Going to test the final card revamp with changes to save ewer for yourself if full mana and use spire on a tp using melee.

Bole is still semi useless so will always RR it. Honestly RR is not that potent even with RR on arrow and balance it is still a net loss during the progress of a fight over using every card every 30 seconds but for pre fights having a RR balance is the best way to go.

Once more as Bel is planning to release his astrologian profile soon (and a more gifted profile maker I might add) I may retire this since no one is giving me feedback so I am assuming it is only being used until a real profile comes along. But until then I will also go through and clean the spells to work at all levels and make a new setting to use damage spells regardless of cleric stance.