Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
MMOMinion General Botting Question
I am curious about how mmo bots work under the covers. Does MMOMinion work by reading the memory the game uses during runtime or by analyzing network/packet traffic.

The mmominion code that is on Github, is that the full product?

I understand that support of 64bit would require a re-write but will LUA support 64 bit applications?

Being a principal engineer I am curious to look into the effort of re-writing a bot for 64 bit support.

I have just never done anything regarding packet or memory analyzing,, but it shouldn't be that hard. Just need an idea of where to start. If it is more effective to monitor network traffic and handle things accordingly or monitor the memory the game uses are runtime.

Hopefully you guys don't mind pointing me in the right direction. I would be willing to share whatever I come up with and write.

Thanks,
Zero

FxFire just hooked me up with a quick answer that the bot monitors game memory so I am going to start there. I am way more familiar with Java and C++, but I like the way LUA overlays on the window. So I have more research to do and I will read through the github code. As always thanks !!!