Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Botting Confirmation Process?
Hi, something has been bugging me for a while now and its the main factor in me deciding to bot or not:

What is the GMs botting confirmation process?

I have seen it said that they send tells but what if you are like me and have them turned off, or worse block them out of reflex and have your friends just chat in a linkshell?

Do they manually confirm you there botting, or do they just get banhappy? Honestly with their shoddy customer service, I would fully expect them to be the kind of people that just go "I dont feel like it, ban it is." Seriously, they give you no information on anything and any ticket you send in is met with an automated response telling you to use the forums even if you have stated in the ticket you already have ect ect. So clearly they dont give two squirts about the general populace of their games if they cant even acknowledge reading your tickets or responding to account issues with more than "Read our FAQ" so my question then becomes how ban heavy are they if they cant reach you via pm, or will they even bother to try in most cases?
For the most part, this is probably what happens.

You get reported by white knights. After a certain amount of reports it generates a red flag for a manual review of yoru account. at that time the person checks your logs, currency exchange, or how long you been logged in and all kinds of stuff like that.

If you are farming dungeons 24/7 they have a 3rd party crew that are manually sweeping duties looking for botters.
White Knights, huh? Always someone playing the hero in some corrupted fashion. So it all basically comes down to whether or not the GM handling the case can be bothered to looking into the logs then, eh? Doesn't sound very promising and I've never been one to trust GMs. Way to many bad experiences even with highly rated games. It has very much created an "Us-verses-Them" mentality with me. My second day on the server a friend had her Gil snatched from her. She had sold some tharvain silks (or whatever they are called" in a face to face transaction. We sat in her FC waiting for the guy to show up and played Triad. She then bought me some HQ starting gear. The next day her account was empty and SE wouldn't respond.
tell from gm always appear in log there also a gm mail icon that flashes in top right hand corner when they send you mail so having tell turned off wont matter, in ffxi/ffxiv ive been contacted randomly while botting & im always there to reply in some way, they normally ask you to do a random thing like /emote or stop/do something so they can confirm you not using a remote chat program like guildworks,

i myself have just started paying for a bot but i used a free one since 2.0 & ive never let it run unattended & ive yet to get banned or even be accused of it by other players, idk if anyone ever reported me but ive had my free bot run 10+ hours mining for example & nothing, i log on & log off about same time everyday so never play more than 11-12 hours
Ah. Yeah my log times vary. I can get up to 18 hours a day. Sometimes I just cant sleep and drudge through a solid 24 to 36 trying to get mind numbed enough to pass out. But its good to know that you cant actually miss the tell if you are there.

You mentioned free bots. Aren't those a little hard to come by for ffxiv, safely anyway? I've only ever seen paid ones.