Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
portal OMC help
ok so heres the run down, i have been using the legendary fishing addon for a week or so now and loving it. but heres the problem im having, i added a few portal OMC to get to fishing markers quicker but for some reason last couple days now either the bot will not load the omc or minionapp will overwrite the .nxi file and erase the omc i made.

its getting very upsetting i have to keep remaking the omc or restarting bot over and over cause of either mesh not loading correctly or omc not loading or app overwriting and erasing them.

its really weird too i sometimes have to completely delete the nxi/nx2/obj files for that zone because it sometimes bugs out and will load the triangles but will not load the mesh/connections even after i tick show mesh+showtriangles then save. it will load triangles after that but mexh wont load anymore, then save+build buttons will do nothing and only way to fix is to shutdown game and redownload nav files.

so my main question is if there is a easy method of adding these omc to the meshes? maybe im not doing something right and messing the navs up somehow. the way i have been doing it is to open mesh manager > tick show mesh+triangles > wait for it to load everything > tick bi directional omc > select portal type > click ad omc where i want one end to be > click again where i want other side to be > save navmesh.
i believe minion added some HW meshes for download recently and it sounds like you are editing one of these meshes so its getting overwritten. Rename the mesh and then make your edits
In my case i must do something wrong: i've never been able to have OMC portals working at all, this is how i try to make them:

Open meshmanager
show navmesh/show triangles
add omc portal (either with bidirectionnal portal option on, or off)
moving character to the end point
clic again on add omc portal
save mesh

but portals are never used, i must forget something...
are you using a mount that is able to fly? do you have double jump to fly enabled (try turning that off if so)?
I do use regular chocobo, which can fly, and i also have tried simple jump and double jump to start, but, to be more precise, the nav path seems to ignore the omc portal i created to go "on the edge" of the map and getting stuck there, if i want to go from island to island, for example.
you need to do it from the edge of the map, its not ment for flying over long distances, its ment for Point A is just next to Point B so where it gets stuck at add the OMC up to the next part.

[Image: GZWkq6z.png]
Hello,

I did exactly as you describe, for example, i do a "click to travel", when the bot is stuck on the edge, i select my meshmanager, "show triangles" on, "Type OffMeshConnection" to portal, click add OffMeshConnection, then i fly to the nearest point on the other side, land, and click again on "Add OffMeshConnection"

Saving navmesh, i have my 2 "blue points" with a red line between

I go back a little at my previous aera, the bot go to the first blue point then don't move anymore, i'm pretty sure the answer is simple like enable fly option somewhere, but still can't find it :)

Nothing in the logs to investiguate futher, might be the game language?

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: i tried with the game in english, and... it worked.