Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Request - Auction House Price Comparison
Hello -

I was wondering if it is possible to create a LUA module for selling, with retainers and what not, where you can find out an item in your possession's current lowest selling point in the auction house on your world, before you list it.

Of course, this would only work with NQ items, with HQ items to follow in some weird way, but the basics would be maybe clicking the item you want to query and it would send a webservice of some sort that pulls the current lowest price, or maybe even the 5 lowest prices, currently on the auction house so that you could price it accordingly with your retainer.

If there is something like this already, please let me know, and I apologize for creating the thread if that is the case.

This bot is awesome and the community is even better, the things everyone has come up with are nothing short of extraordinary.
(09-27-2015, 03:09 AM)Dajjan Wrote:  Hello -

I was wondering if it is possible to create a LUA module for selling, with retainers and what not, where you can find out an item in your possession's current lowest selling point in the auction house on your world, before you list it.

Of course, this would only work with NQ items, with HQ items to follow in some weird way, but the basics would be maybe clicking the item you want to query and it would send a webservice of some sort that pulls the current lowest price, or maybe even the 5 lowest prices, currently on the auction house so that you could price it accordingly with your retainer.

If there is something like this already, please let me know, and I apologize for creating the thread if that is the case.

This bot is awesome and the community is even better, the things everyone has come up with are nothing short of extraordinary.

Yhea is cool!!!
and if is posssible to add too auto lower the price?
not possible with the current API

if adding the bot to auto sell on the marketboard and lower prices would be so horrible. Would further crash an already falling market. Everything would be pennies.
Thank you for the reply, too bad on the API issue, would be a cool program. By the way, I didn't want it to autosell, I wanted it just to pull the 5 lowest so I could put it somewhere in the middle. Making it sell lower than the lowest NQ item would be an issue because every once in a while, a 5k item is listed for like 1k, just because the person doesn't know its worth. If I put it for 999, and others use the same LUA module, it would effectively drop the price more and more.
(10-04-2015, 04:55 AM)Dajjan Wrote:  Thank you for the reply, too bad on the API issue, would be a cool program. By the way, I didn't want it to autosell, I wanted it just to pull the 5 lowest so I could put it somewhere in the middle. Making it sell lower than the lowest NQ item would be an issue because every once in a while, a 5k item is listed for like 1k, just because the person doesn't know its worth. If I put it for 999, and others use the same LUA module, it would effectively drop the price more and more.

exactly that is why this idea of an addon is bad, because you know someone will configure it to set it to the lowest price.
Some sort of way to compile common MB prices would be good though. I know in wow we had auctioneer addon which allowed us to scan the MB and then would give us a rough idea of the value of items in an overlay as we came across them in game. I get that we dont want a bot that auto undercuts everything as it would tear the market down even further but a bot that gives us the value of an item in an easier to see fashion or helps us find super good deals on the MB to buy and resell higher would be awesome!
How about an alert system, that does nothing more than tell you when someone undercuts you. I'm not asking for full automation but some type of alert that someone has undercut and you should pay attention would be helpful yet not intrusive, besides people are way to lazy to go back and take care of it right away everytime. I'd just like to know when it happens.