Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gathering Quests (unlock + buy gear / weapons / bait)
Below I made some profiles for purchasing gathering gear, weapons, and bait. They are not super fancy and I was too lazy to set the conditions for gil amounts properly.

Gathering Unlock + Gear / Weapons / Bait

Fishing Unlock + Prep

This will unlock fishing and purchase gathering gear + fishing rods + bait for up to level 50. The bait selection is mostly based off Sebbs 1-50 fishing profile. I made some tweaks to it for personal use so there may be some extra bait / too much bought.

The total cost of everything is close to 180k iirc. You could knock off a fair chunk by deleting the lv 40~ gear/weaon

Mining Unlock + Weapons

This will unlock Mining and purchase Mainhand / Offhand weapons (no gear)

I'll upload a botony unlock + weapon purchase later maybe, its messy.

Even if you have no real use for the quests themselves theres a lot of shop locations you can pick out of the fishing unlock. I wasn't smart enough to steal the bait shop locations from sebbs fishing profile... time poorly wasted lol

ps I made some minor format adjustments before I uploaded them. Let me know if I broke them
Imagine how i feel adding bait vendoring for every task in my new file...

Im in the 500 tasks now.
Every 2 tasks needs 1 bait vendor....
Atleast after 20 or so bait vendors its just copy and pasting >.> silver linings... lol. I couldnt imagine retaining my sanity after all that.

It is nice how robust it is. obviously some paths will be more efficient then others but with all those options I dont imagine I would run into others using the same profile, or myself when using it on multiple characters on the same server. I found myself occupying the same space as someone elses character using your current 1-50 fishing a few times lol
Thats why the quest profile has changable areas for each lvl range and several diff positions for that area.

Working on making the position it picks random too.