Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Combining Profiles possible?
I'm very new to botting and so far I've only used it for leveling the 3 gatherers to 60 so I apologize if this is a dumb question but... I wanted to know if merging the gathering profiles were at all possible. I was able to customize jbrawley1's crystal/cluster profile to farm only ice and water clusters for me because they're selling very well on my server. I wanted to add to it ohms's red scrip collectible profile so I could just make gil and cap red scrips at the same time which I do often manually. So I was just wondering if there was any way to do it.

EDIT: From looking at the files it looks like a copy and paste job with making sure the Eorzean time is correctly configured for each task, but It can't be that simple so I thought I'd ask 1st before I messed up the cluster profile.
(01-13-2016, 02:37 PM)YewLog Wrote:  I'm very new to botting and so far I've only used it for leveling the 3 gatherers to 60 so I apologize if this is a dumb question but... I wanted to know if merging the gathering profiles were at all possible. I was able to customize jbrawley1's crystal/cluster profile to farm only ice and water clusters for me because they're selling very well on my server. I wanted to add to it ohms's red scrip collectible profile so I could just make gil and cap red scrips at the same time which I do often manually. So I was just wondering if there was any way to do it.

EDIT: From looking at the files it looks like a copy and paste job with making sure the Eorzean time is correctly configured for each task, but It can't be that simple so I thought I'd ask 1st before I messed up the cluster profile.

Make a backup profile whenever doing edits.

Harvesting profiles consist of tasks. Copy and pasting is all it is. Might have to make edits to make sure that they do not contradict each other. Also make sure there aren't any typos. There is an Example file that comes with the bot. It can be found in C:\MINIONAPP\Bots\FFXIVMinion\LuaMods\ffxivminion\GatherProfiles
(01-15-2016, 08:01 PM)zeleniy Wrote:  
(01-13-2016, 02:37 PM)YewLog Wrote:  I'm very new to botting and so far I've only used it for leveling the 3 gatherers to 60 so I apologize if this is a dumb question but... I wanted to know if merging the gathering profiles were at all possible. I was able to customize jbrawley1's crystal/cluster profile to farm only ice and water clusters for me because they're selling very well on my server. I wanted to add to it ohms's red scrip collectible profile so I could just make gil and cap red scrips at the same time which I do often manually. So I was just wondering if there was any way to do it.

Make a backup profile whenever doing edits.

Harvesting profiles consist of tasks. Copy and pasting is all it is. Might have to make edits to make sure that they do not contradict each other. Also make sure there aren't any typos. There is an Example file that comes with the bot. It can be found in C:\MINIONAPP\Bots\FFXIVMinion\LuaMods\ffxivminion\GatherProfiles

Thanks, but I have since got everything to work perfectly with some trial and error. I really appreciate the help nonetheless.