Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Eorzea Time bug fix request
I've helped several users who noticed that their bot's ET and the game's ET are unsynced. The fix requires the user to turn off automatic time updating on their system and modify it to match the game's (wrong) time.

1) confirmed my system time with NIST / several other sources. My system time is spot on. Same for several other users

2) Our systems no long adjust for daylight savings because automatic time syncing must be disabled

3) Fixing the time crashes the game

4) I've had to adjust it multiple times

5) And, the biggest one, I suspect that the majority of users whom this impacts are unaware that the bot is largely underperforming because it's not easy to recognize and is easy to dismiss as limitations of the gathering capacity of the bot.

I would request either:

a) another input box (below Eorzea time) in which users can enter an offset value (which would be a fix for the first 4 problems)

or the much better options

b) pulling the ET or Server Time from the game's memory directly, which would solve all 5 issues above.

Thanks in advance (and keep up the good work!)
I didn't realize the bot was so out of sync. I adjusted my computer clock by 32 seconds to get minion's eorzea time to match the in-game time. Although the time is a bit off I haven't noticed much difference in the bot's activity, but all I'm doing at the moment is gathering crystals and leveling a fisher.