Thread Rating:
  • 65 Vote(s) - 3.08 Average
Tutorial - Gathering
oke qeustion, got the bot a few days now, doing mining atm. tho when i use item priority it wont shot me items i can pick from but i can enter a name, when i enter a name its just getting ignored. what am i doing wrong? thx!

never mind i found it, my mistake had to use capitals.

(05-21-2014, 05:47 PM)uniqeu Wrote:  oke qeustion, got the bot a few days now, doing mining atm. tho when i use item priority it wont shot me items i can pick from but i can enter a name, when i enter a name its just getting ignored. what am i doing wrong? thx!

never mind i found it, my mistake had to use capitals .
Comment 
There is a way to make a random gathering, I mean, in the options we have this: Item Priority 1 and 2, but If this property are not set, the first resource is picked. My question is, there is a way to pick random resources??

Thanks
my guy is having this issue where he runs backwards and such and then just goes to random places without any nodes.. whats up?
do you ahve legacy controls on? or a controller plugged in?
couple problems I found during gathering:

1. bot keep teleporting to aetherytes when walking to nodes while on stealth mode.
message from console:
D="STUCK11 EXCEEDED"
D="MOVETOPOS"
D=100
D="Teleporting to aetheryte at index 18"

2. Bot still can't detect agro mob while on mount. so when bot move to another node that a bit far, it just ride pass thru a mob and agro it.

thx

edit: nvm on problem 1, I forgot to unchecked 'unstuck' option.
(08-04-2014, 03:32 AM)fablerede Wrote:  my guy is having this issue where he runs backwards and such and then just goes to random places without any nodes.. whats up?

I am experiencing the same issues.
Tried to fix it and Now my char just stands there after mining a single node
if it runs backwards you probably have the controls not set to pc-keyboard/no legacy.
If it stops after a node, there may be no other nodes around to harvest. Try putting a gathermarker in the center of the nodes.
Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
(08-16-2014, 08:25 AM)HansW Wrote:  if it runs backwards you probably have the controls not set to pc-keyboard/no legacy.
If it stops after a node, there may be no other nodes around to harvest. Try putting a gathermarker in the center of the nodes.

I'll try the gamepad suggestion but I have a node placed in the middle of all the nodes in my area.
Thanks for that idea been a while since I used ff14 and MMOminion I'll post back my success/failure

How I got mine fixed was recreating a nav mesh, Enabling IgnoreMarker Level (yes I had that setup correctly) and disabling my controller.

Just disabling the controller did nothing and just recreating the navmesh didn't work (but the controller was enabled when I tested that one)

Also some nodes are out of reach of the nav mesh, I remember it used to work okay with the older version but now I can't mind nodes that can't be recorded in my navmesh.

Also tried adding it outside of the navmesh with added features in the mesh manager.
Seems like I can't get this working now :/
if the node is not on the mesh you can not harvest it because the bot cannot path to it. disable the controler or remove it from the computer. you cannot use controlers/legacy mode with the bot.
(08-18-2014, 12:06 AM)jackie1234 Wrote:  if the node is not on the mesh you can not harvest it because the bot cannot path to it. disable the controler or remove it from the computer. you cannot use controlers/legacy mode with the bot.

So because I can't expand the mesh to have the nodes in it I should just go to a different area where I can get all the nodes within the mesh?