Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.64 Average
A suggestion to vastly improve non-detection.
I have been botting for a while and I can honestly say that I never leave a bot completely unattended for large periods of time, max I have ever gone unattended is about 2 hours.

AFK botting is extremely easy to get caught doing and most automated detection systems can spot it.

I run every game I am botting in a window right next to whatever I am actually doing so that if someone starts talking to me, or comes snooping around, I can act like a normal person until they leave and then resume watching my movies or whatever else I was doing.
(11-12-2013, 02:10 PM)droolguy Wrote:  AFK botting is extremely easy to get caught doing and most automated detection systems can spot it.

Enlighten me on these "automated detection systems", they sound fascinating.
lol metrics man metrics they monitor every piece of data that every single client on every single server does the entire time they are logged in. You farm 5mil shards a week thats unhuman! Now all playing aside i dont think there is any type of detection in ffxiv similar to warden or what rift has... but they could monitor specific metrics to help lead them to bots. but even so most people that are getting banned for what i see are RMT and teleporters. i been running my bots pretty much 20/7 every day since the first couple bots released that were stable. If detection was in place tons of people would be banned by now.
SE have no automation, they have no metrics, fuck they cant even code a decent game do you think they'd honestly have the expertize to put in bot detection? They cant even keep players account safe with all the Session ID swapping and Packet Gil Hacking. Game has zero protection, the ONLY way you get banned is: Get Reported, They investigate, they yay/nay your account. Thats it, nothing else.

I've been botting for 30 days straight excluding maintenances and a couple random crashes, I did 8 stacks of different shards over 4 days straight 24 hours a day. Account has survived 2 ban waves.
(11-12-2013, 05:53 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  they monitor every piece of data that every single client on every single server does the entire time they are logged in.

That's a ridiculous notion to anyone with a moderate understanding of computational complexity and data storage requirements. Don't believe everything the GM tells you.

(I get that you were exaggerating, but more people actually believe that then you can imagine)
(11-12-2013, 07:55 PM)vekien Wrote:  SE have no automation, they have no metrics, fuck they cant even code a decent game do you think they'd honestly have the expertize to put in bot detection? They cant even keep players account safe with all the Session ID swapping and Packet Gil Hacking. Game has zero protection, the ONLY way you get banned is: Get Reported, They investigate, they yay/nay your account. Thats it, nothing else.

I've been botting for 30 days straight excluding maintenances and a couple random crashes, I did 8 stacks of different shards over 4 days straight 24 hours a day. Account has survived 2 ban waves.

i was total bull shitting man i wasnt serious...
FYI, I didn't say that FFXIV specifically had automated detection implemented.

I was making a generalized statement about my experiences with bots in all the other games I have played.

Also, tracking everything every player is doing everywhere at any given time is impossible.

Tracking the results of what they do is not.

Example:
"The average miner is online for 6 hours and mines 1600 nodes for a downtime of 20%, you account was on for 18 hours and mined 5900 nodes, the maximum amount of nodes possible in a 6 hour time frame is ~2000 with no interruptions what so ever. Maximum possible nodes you could have mined in 18 hours is ~6000. This means in 18 hours you only had a 1.6% downtime."

Metrics man, they are not even hard to generate either and most databases can have statistical tracking for a character added with very little effort.
(11-13-2013, 01:40 AM)droolguy Wrote:  FYI, I didn't say that FFXIV specifically had automated detection implemented.

I was making a generalized statement about my experiences with bots in all the other games I have played.

Also, tracking everything every player is doing everywhere at any given time is impossible.

Tracking the results of what they do is not.

Example:
"The average miner is online for 6 hours and mines 1600 nodes for a downtime of 20%, you account was on for 18 hours and mined 5900 nodes, the maximum amount of nodes possible in a 6 hour time frame is ~2000 with no interruptions what so ever. Maximum possible nodes you could have mined in 18 hours is ~6000. This means in 18 hours you only had a 1.6% downtime."

Metrics man, they are not even hard to generate either and most databases can have statistical tracking for a character added with very little effort.

i guess i should of used a /sarcasm
I know you were being sarcastic, I was not though and thought about elaborating a small bit on how what you said in jest was actually true.

The post was more in response to f3re's post of...

(11-12-2013, 09:40 PM)f3re Wrote:  
(11-12-2013, 05:53 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  they monitor every piece of data that every single client on every single server does the entire time they are logged in.

That's a ridiculous notion to anyone with a moderate understanding of computational complexity and data storage requirements. Don't believe everything the GM tells you.

(I get that you were exaggerating, but more people actually believe that then you can imagine)

So, now that we have that all straightened out. I was unaware that SE's only form of monitoring FFXIV currently was solely through spotters.

Makes realistic movements all that much more important I would think. :P