Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.18 Average
A Fly Hack Idea/need help making
I want this so bad but don't know how to put it together. Anyone can put this together for me I would be so happy.
This is what I want it to do (it's a pos hack):
Pressing A: -X by set value
Pressing D: +X by set value
---
Pressing W: +Y by set value
Pressing S: -Y by set value
--
Pressing UP: +Z by set value
Pressing Down: -Z by set value
--
And a "tick" setting to increased or reduced the rate of change (movement speed).
I guess taking "Player.pos" info then using "GameHacks:TeleportToXYZ(X,Y,Z)" to add/subtract value.
Or even better if somehow can lock the players Z -plane with sort of a no-clip and speed hack for free movement in any direction. +
in 3d gaming teh Y is the vertical plane.
Basically a small module with an OnUpdate() handler, that checks to see if certain keys are held down.

Code:
FlyHack = {}
lasttick = 0

function FlyHack.OnUpdateHandler( Event, ticks )
    if ( (ticks - lasttick) > 200 ) then
        lasttick = ticks

--keys can be found here (convert from hex to decimal) - http://nehe.gamedev.net/article/msdn_virtualkey_codes/15009/
        if ( MeshManager:IsKeyPressed(038) ) then -- if holding down up key
            local ppos = Player.pos
            GameHacks:TeleportToXYZ(ppos.x, ppos.y + 5, ppos.z) -- fly up some predetermined value
        elseif (MeshManager:IsKeyPressed(040) ) then
            local ppos = Player.pos
            GameHacks:TeleportToXYZ(ppos.x, ppos.y - 5, ppos.z) -- fly down some predetermined value
        end

end
end

function FlyHack.ModuleInit()
end

RegisterEventHandler("Gameloop.Update",FlyHack.OnUpdateHandler) -- the normal pulse from the gameloop
RegisterEventHandler("Module.Initalize",FlyHack.ModuleInit)

Something along those lines, not tested at all.
Hi, I tested this out and works to a degree ;)

Problem is, when you go "up" if you press forward you fall to the floor, its not keeping you at the same Y pos

what you really want is to have it so that whatever your current Y value is by setting it with you up/down keys, that when you move with "wasd" it keeps you at that height.

I think the problem, may be with the method. i.e rather than telling the software what your (fixed) y pos. and setting it, were trying to teleport to a new pos.y and thus when you try to move in any direction you fall to the ground.

Is there a way to trick ffxiv into thinking that whatever value we put in player.pos.y that, that is in fact the players normal pos.y?? (i.e so it doesn't fall when moving)
The short answer is no, but you can work around that. You won't be able to do a standard "move" with a fly hack. Any movement has to also be a teleport action. The code snippet was only to show how it would be coded up, with the intention that the OP or whoever could finish the movement actions for the x and z axes, since this is the "help lua coding" forum, not the "request module" forum.
(12-23-2013, 07:10 PM)aceRage Wrote:  The short answer is no, but you can work around that. You won't be able to do a standard "move" with a fly hack. Any movement has to also be a teleport action. The code snippet was only to show how it would be coded up, with the intention that the OP or whoever could finish the movement actions for the x and z axes, since this is the "help lua coding" forum, not the "request module" forum.

Ok good to know thanks, and of course thank you for the code snipet ^^

Fancy a go at a request for flyhack? ;)
(12-23-2013, 09:21 PM)Kaeyt Sith Wrote:  
(12-23-2013, 07:10 PM)aceRage Wrote:  The short answer is no, but you can work around that. You won't be able to do a standard "move" with a fly hack. Any movement has to also be a teleport action. The code snippet was only to show how it would be coded up, with the intention that the OP or whoever could finish the movement actions for the x and z axes, since this is the "help lua coding" forum, not the "request module" forum.

Ok good to know thanks, and of course thank you for the code snipet ^^

Fancy a go at a request for flyhack? ;)
Here is an idea,

store your position,
change it with keys,
teleport to it every frame

Cutesmile