Thread Rating:
  • 41 Vote(s) - 3.1 Average
Tutorial-Isboxer+FFXIV+MMOMinion
overwolf probably would not razer synapse i have that and no problems Its overlays like overwolf that cause issues. ALSO did you upgrade to MSE

IF THE GAME IS CRASHING BEFORE YOU SEE THE MINION LOGIN DIALOG INGAME, it means that either you have not installed all software mentioned under point 1 of this tutorial (yes reastart your comp after installing it, also really INSTALL them and not just look into your "installed software" if you see it there, since ther are multiple versions out there). The 2nd most often crash reason is your Antivirus software, having Avira or kaspersky (or some others) and trying to "disable" them is no option sometimes, they have backgroud services running that still block/kill minion when you run it. The reason is that we are injecting in another process here and this is often used seen as a malicious behavior and totally blocked, you wont even get notified about that. Only option is replacing the AV with a less bitchy one (MSE for example)! 3rd crashing reason is graphic enhancing software that kicks in when you go fullscreen or places some sort of weird overlay on the game (fraps, msi afterburner, Nvidia gameexperience thingy, teamspeak overlay stuff like that) Turn them completely OFF or uninstall them. ALSO, if you are now saying "I dont have any AV installed" and assuming you have Win7, you are wrong, Win7 has by default the old "Defender" (which is an antivirus and firewall that comes with windows), you NEED TO UPGRADE TO Microsoft Security Essentials in this case.
Also if you are running a Program called Raptor, Delete it or disable it right away.
Jackie,

Would just like to say a big thank you, upgraded to MSE and it solved immediately. Thanks for taking the time to explain to me.
hey you are welcome thats what im here for to try and help people out!
Someone recommended creating Minnion folders for each key that I have and that seemed to fix my problem. Still crashes sometimes when attaching but works most of the time.
How can i keep the ffxiv borders when using isoxer? I have 2 chars atm and dont want to use a window layout that keeps other window in corner of screen. If i dont use a window layout both instances load on top of each other and as no borders/top bar thing i cant move the window. (i dont have the borderless windowed checked in sys config)

Also when i attach Minion to a FFxiv instance the bot window seems to run with a few seconds lag, E.g. If i want to click start/stop i have to hold mouse there a few seconds before it gets highlighted. Not sure if related to the border issue or not.
i dont know about borders why wouldnt you want to use a windowlayout with swap feature turned on. its the best thing since sliced bread. also as far as i know isboxer strips the borders off on purpose.
any chance to get a working Relog with ISBoxer and Minion at this time?
isboxer isnt any form of animation software so it wouldnt require a relog
yes i know ^^.
what i mean is the Minion_GUI.
ISBoxer is secondary.