Thread Rating:
  • 32 Vote(s) - 3 Average
FFXIV Duty Module Beta - Teleport Farming Only!
(01-26-2014, 03:00 AM)f3re Wrote:  
(01-26-2014, 02:55 AM)zero462usa Wrote:  Question: After abandoning the duty, the leader gets back to town first but is trying to start the duty again before the other members get back which is resulting in failed to start then just sitting there. Is the "leave timer" what will prevent this or the "enter timer"?

That should be the Leave Timer

Alright, in situations like this a good idea may be to implement a check every 30 seconds to retry queuing duty. I dunno I'm just spitballin here lol
(01-26-2014, 03:09 AM)zero462usa Wrote:  
(01-26-2014, 03:00 AM)f3re Wrote:  
(01-26-2014, 02:55 AM)zero462usa Wrote:  Question: After abandoning the duty, the leader gets back to town first but is trying to start the duty again before the other members get back which is resulting in failed to start then just sitting there. Is the "leave timer" what will prevent this or the "enter timer"?

That should be the Leave Timer

Alright, in situations like this a good idea may be to implement a check every 30 seconds to retry queuing duty. I dunno I'm just spitballin here lol

There is such a check in place already. It is on a five minute timer though I believe, so either you didn't give it enough time to kick in or it's not working properly.
Also, would be amazing if you can add a small check. If doKill is set to true, and there is less than X amount of mob in that radius, then move onto the next encounter that we can set for each encounter in the .info file. Ex: if <3 mob of ID 1234, then move to next encounter.
(01-26-2014, 03:29 AM)Tompost Wrote:  Also, would be amazing if you can add a small check. If doKill is set to true, and there is less than X amount of mob in that radius, then move onto the next encounter that we can set for each encounter in the .info file. Ex: if <3 mob of ID 1234, then move to next encounter.

That's a possibility, I'll have to think about it a bit more. What would be the use case for that?
I've just tried this out with me and in game friends, it is amazing! I love it. there is that bug of skipping bosses, but all good. You and your team will find a solution I'm sure. Thanks for your work.:)
(01-26-2014, 07:37 AM)andysx Wrote:  I've just tried this out with me and in game friends, it is amazing! I love it. there is that bug of skipping bosses, but all good. You and your team will find a solution I'm sure. Thanks for your work.:)

Thanks for your subscription...we'll keep working as long as you keep buying.
(01-26-2014, 05:34 PM)f3re Wrote:  
(01-26-2014, 07:37 AM)andysx Wrote:  I've just tried this out with me and in game friends, it is amazing! I love it. there is that bug of skipping bosses, but all good. You and your team will find a solution I'm sure. Thanks for your work.:)

Thanks for your subscription...we'll keep working as long as you keep buying.

I keep buying as long as you keep working, aint that a nice deal:P

But like the new beta duty:P
I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but I am getting hit on the second boss if the leader isn't the person who has aggro. It seems the "slaves" teleport slightly off the leader position possibly behind the leader, but because of the camera angle it puts them more in the room. Switching the leader to who ever has highest dps fixes this but just an fyi.
(01-26-2014, 03:37 AM)f3re Wrote:  
(01-26-2014, 03:29 AM)Tompost Wrote:  Also, would be amazing if you can add a small check. If doKill is set to true, and there is less than X amount of mob in that radius, then move onto the next encounter that we can set for each encounter in the .info file. Ex: if <3 mob of ID 1234, then move to next encounter.

That's a possibility, I'll have to think about it a bit more. What would be the use case for that?

sounds like WP speedrun ;)
(01-29-2014, 01:01 PM)Textytext Wrote:  I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but I am getting hit on the second boss if the leader isn't the person who has aggro. It seems the "slaves" teleport slightly off the leader position possibly behind the leader, but because of the camera angle it puts them more in the room. Switching the leader to who ever has highest dps fixes this but just an fyi.

It's normal for some of the bots to get hit...it doesn't really matter, if they die they'll just return to the same position and continue fighting. You can tweak the position if it concerns you greatly, but in the long run the only bot that matters is the leader.

And yes, your observation is correct. The slave bots teleport at a slightly offset position from the leader. This is because in some positions the mobs move to directly under the leader on the height axis, and for some reason I haven't identified the slave bots have a hard time facing/targeting that position when they teleport in. So by offsetting the position slightly I've taken the lazy way out of dealing with that.