Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
MMOMinion under LInux (WINE)
Does anyone use ARR paired with MMOMinion under Linux using Wine or another emulator? Just curious before I start installing ARR onto my Fedora Machine

Thanks!
even if you get the game to work with wine, i doubt the bot will work. But it has been like 15-20 years since i last tried to run anything using wine. However it turns out, we don't support linux or macos, so you'll be on your own.
Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
(03-07-2014, 06:30 PM)omegags2 Wrote:  Does anyone use ARR paired with MMOMinion under Linux using Wine or another emulator? Just curious before I start installing ARR onto my Fedora Machine

Thanks!

Sorry for replying to this ancient thread, but for anyone else googling and doesn't want to spend €0.99, I can confirm that even almost 10 years on that Minion still does not work with wine on linux. The GUI for minion loads fine, and the PID for the running game is found fine. But when it goes to inject dll's into the game process it just goes from "Queued for start" and then "Starting game" and then nothing with no more information. Can only assume it's trying to use something not available in wine in order to hook into the process from which then it fails silently. It's such a shame considering how well FFXIV actually works under wine.
+1 for Linux support. Created a new feature request thread so as not to bump this ancient one. I currently use XIVLauncher (which includes Dalamud, a series of plugins/addons).