Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
FFXIV shuts down after fishing for a while
If it was my computer, it wouldn't happen with only fishing. It'd happen with regular gathering or assist mode.

Also, if I'm not the only one, why would it just be my computer?
(04-06-2014, 02:49 PM)warpuras Wrote:  If it was my computer, it wouldn't happen with only fishing. It'd happen with regular gathering or assist mode.

Also, if I'm not the only one, why would it just be my computer?

well ive tested across 3 different computers and across total of 16 of my accounts not one close out during fishing. user error, or computer problem. something on your computer is causing a conflict or you have fishing setup wrong. and it could happen with just fishing.
yeah i also get this problem. just randomly watching youtube videos while fishing and out of nowhere the client crashes to desktop. no error window, no warning, nothing.
(04-07-2014, 05:42 AM)EmptyFolder Wrote:  yeah i also get this problem. just randomly watching youtube videos while fishing and out of nowhere the client crashes to desktop. no error window, no warning, nothing.

so it doesnt crash it just close out?
crash, close out, vocabulary on the issue is irrelevant. FFXIV game = gone.
(04-11-2014, 01:44 PM)EmptyFolder Wrote:  crash, close out, vocabulary on the issue is irrelevant. FFXIV game = gone.

it may be the same to you, but its not for us. So if you want us to find the problem you're having, just answer the question. Are you getting a crash dialog or does the same silently close ?
Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
Same problem here, no crash dialog, the game is just closed. I have this problem since 2.2, only during fishing mode. I can fish 20mn, then the game is closed.
Revolt, Dominion, Dailies, Poacher, Navigator, FPH & Scenery support on Bottox Discord.
(03-17-2014, 11:13 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  do you get the Crash message like this windows application has stopped working.. or does the game just go away. when you say afk and shutting down do you see the timer counting down from 20?

whats probably happening is you guys have markers or something not set up right on the mesh and the bot is running to the marker and just standing there and then going afk. and getting kicked out of the server.

Hey Jackie I'm having this problem. How do I know if I have markers/mesh set up wrong? I started getting this problem when I was trying to fix a "getting stucK" point in Southern Thanalan. I wasn't even able to mine in that zone anymore after trying to fix it so I moved on to another zone. Now it seems that the bot is just shutting down. Any advice? Also, any way to completely understand the mesh/markers? I'm not really sure how to edit them if I need to >< Thanks in advance man!

Edit: Additionally, do you have any idea where I can just redownload the orginals meshes/markers that come with the bot? As described by HansW my client is "silently closing" while mining.

Edit*: Hmm, it seems that after deleting an extra marker I had nearby it stopped crashing?
yeah you cannot edit markers. you have to delete the marker and make anew one.

if you need to redownload hte meshes jsut delete your navigation folder the bot will auto dl the new meshes.
(04-18-2014, 04:01 PM)indaskyz Wrote:  Same problem here, no crash dialog, the game is just closed. I have this problem since 2.2, only during fishing mode. I can fish 20mn, then the game is closed.

i get this error as well i find if i completely exit the GUi launcher after im up and running it fixes the problem