Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
FFXIV shuts down after fishing for a while
its user error, other wise tons of people would be complaining. You obv have something set up wrong.

http://mmominion.com/Thread-HOW-TO-Report-a-Bug
Not user error... I have been fighting this too... Mining and crafting game just crashes... no error messages. I just come back to a desktop... very frustrating.
This sounds like essentially the same thing I am experiencing while gathering.
(03-24-2014, 01:59 PM)ledicious Wrote:  Not user error... I have been fighting this too... Mining and crafting game just crashes... no error messages. I just come back to a desktop... very frustrating.

then its not crashing either you lost connectiong to the authentication server or you are using the same minion key more then once.
they were doing changes to auth server today because of server fail that happened this week. not a bot problem
Does this still happen to anyone?

It's been happening to me. Only for fishing. FFXIV just crashes after 30 minutes or so and I don't see any errors. Other modes don't crash, just fishing.

It's not disconnecting because it's AFK. It gathers then suddenly crashes.
crashes= window has stop responding error and you have to click cancel, continue. The game just going away is not a crash its either gui_launcher related or using same bot keycodes.

(04-02-2014, 05:03 PM)warpuras Wrote:  Does this still happen to anyone?

It's been happening to me. Only for fishing. FFXIV just crashes after 30 minutes or so and I don't see any errors. Other modes don't crash, just fishing.

It's not disconnecting because it's AFK. It gathers then suddenly crashes. or you lag when trying to authenticate to the auth server. The bot reauthenticates ever so often. if it doesnt pass this check it closes the game out.
I'm not using the gui_launcher.

I've only had one keycode and never tried to use it more than once. I've never run more than one FFXIV or one bot.
(04-03-2014, 03:44 PM)warpuras Wrote:  I'm not using the gui_launcher.

I've only had one keycode and never tried to use it more than once. I've never run more than one FFXIV or one bot.

ok yes but you didnt clarify is it crashing or closing.
yea mine same thing happened. Worst part is when it crashes like that none of your recent info saves such as hotbar changes or sometimes profile changes. Sigh

FWIW i dont use GUI launcher, and it crashed while standing still doing absolutely nothing :(

not good considering I just got trial'd in the top guild on my server and i have no doubt in my mind theyre going to want me to run a ton of shit today >.<