Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
FFXIV shuts down after fishing for a while
(04-03-2014, 05:43 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  
(04-03-2014, 03:44 PM)warpuras Wrote:  I'm not using the gui_launcher.

I've only had one keycode and never tried to use it more than once. I've never run more than one FFXIV or one bot.

ok yes but you didnt clarify is it crashing or closing.

Sorry. It closes with no message. It can't be AFK because they removed the autologout time. It's not a disconnect because it's not error 90000.
(04-03-2014, 11:39 PM)warpuras Wrote:  
(04-03-2014, 05:43 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  
(04-03-2014, 03:44 PM)warpuras Wrote:  I'm not using the gui_launcher.

I've only had one keycode and never tried to use it more than once. I've never run more than one FFXIV or one bot.

ok yes but you didnt clarify is it crashing or closing.

Sorry. It closes with no message. It can't be AFK because they removed the autologout time. It's not a disconnect because it's not error 90000.

then the only thing i can think of is you are missing the connection to the auth sever. The bot "randomly" contacts the Auth Server if you get ping timed out or packet loss to the auth server it can cause you to close out like this. i have this problem when i try to connect with my cellphone and use minion.
Well I don't know how to fix that. I've watched it crash but the internet was fine, it wasn't a complete disconnect.
try the gui launcher to see if it does the same thing
I have the security token, so even if it crashes and the GUI loads it again, it won't work.
(04-05-2014, 11:30 AM)warpuras Wrote:  I have the security token, so even if it crashes and the GUI loads it again, it won't work.

remove the secruity token?
I have to remove a security token because the bit crashes the client?

I can run all day in assist mode and it never crashes. Wouldn't an issue with authentication crash it regardless of mode? Why is it only fishing mode that causes a crash?
(04-06-2014, 02:04 AM)warpuras Wrote:  I have to remove a security token because the bit crashes the client?

I can run all day in assist mode and it never crashes. Wouldn't an issue with authentication crash it regardless of mode? Why is it only fishing mode that causes a crash?

see you are confusing terms again... is the bot crashing or closing out. There are two different things. crashing will give you the this window has stopped working. Just closing out is something else. hard to help trouble shoot your issues if you dont know whats actually happening. I just tested fishing on 5 accounts today. as of right now its been 15 hours of straight fishing no problems
Technically, if the game is closing out, it is a crash, whether there is the crash message or not. There are multiple types of crashes and closing out would be one of them.

The game just closes out. It only happens in fishing mode. There are no logs or errors. If it's a connection issue, why do other modes work fine?
(04-06-2014, 04:30 AM)warpuras Wrote:  Technically, if the game is closing out, it is a crash, whether there is the crash message or not. There are multiple types of crashes and closing out would be one of them.

The game just closes out. It only happens in fishing mode. There are no logs or errors. If it's a connection issue, why do other modes work fine?

closing out would not be the bot crashing. because you would get a crash error. Closing out is different. and i dont know i just did almost 24 hours of fishing on 5 accounts and no problems. Its obv something on your computer causing issues. maybe follow the setupguide again for the bot from a fresh install, and make sure none of the program types they mention in the setup guide are running.