Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Random Memory Crashing
Did you try updating to Nvidia's beta drivers? They are actually more reliable than the standard ones for FFXIV.
Which beta drivers? I am currently using latest standard ones but before that I was using the beta. I tend to jump on the latest whether standard or beta in hopes of a fix. I just logged in remotely to see I crashed about 2 hours ago after 5 hours of no crash.
Hi, I'm bumping this because I have the same exact issue as the OP. The windows memory error message comes up just like in their screenshot, and my log looks the same with the unkwn errors. It will run fine for a while, usually 1-3 hours, and then crash with this error. It never seems to crash while I'm sitting here, only when I leave it on overnight/when I go out, so I checked if anything looked different in power saving settings but nope. I have it set to high performance 24/7.

The issue only started after I switched from using my ATI desktop to using my laptop, which is running a nvidia gt540m. This particular card uses Optimus, but I have it set to use the nvidia card all the time. I'm not sure what could be causing it; the connection seems fine, and I don't have experience installed. My pagefile is big enough and on the main drive. Did you ever find a solution?

Update: It just happened while I was at my computer. Same memory crash thing. I wouldn't mind it as much if it didn't reset my marker from the botany marker list to the default setting, which seems to be pvp marker. My bot just stands there spamming "no markers in your level range" after relogging, and will keep doing that unless I am there to change it back to botany marker. Is there a way to have the bot remember what my marker was set to before it crashed when it relogs me? This is something it should do by default honestly. :\
Mine still does it. In fact it seems to be doing it more often. I have the same issue with gathering. It doesn't remember what marker after a crash and relog. It also wont save my password and autologin at bot startup so I have to be present to manually do it (No my folder isn't in a weird place or read-only. It's at C:\Minion) Sometimes I have to re-tell it where ffxiv.exe is. Sometimes it forgets all three of my characters in the GUI Launcher list. Few other little things I'd have to look but they minor. I did a fresh install and my system is bare except for FFXIV and Windows up until a week ago.. All pre-reqs, all guides followed.

Edit: Additionally, when I die in a FATE the bot does not release me to home point. It just sits there. Quest mode the bot will switch me to busy and just stand there. Status shows "MOVETOMAP".

Sometimes doesn't move out of AOE even with Avoid AOE checked.
Sometimes during FATE grinding will mount chocobo just to jump off it repeatedly several times before finally going.
That really sucks. Mine auto logins just fine and it will release from FATES like normal. However the gathering thing is really frustrating because I'm hardly ever home lately and so I can't have my bot gather for more than a couple hours at a time because of this. Please help us D:

Edit: In fact I got up maybe 20 minutes ago, and fixed the marker, and just as I was about to head to work noticed it crashed again...
Is there no way to make it take a snapshot of the marker you set and then restore upon relaunching? If not can you please add this feature? ;-;
(09-04-2014, 11:55 AM)zonk Wrote:  That really sucks. Mine auto logins just fine and it will release from FATES like normal. However the gathering thing is really frustrating because I'm hardly ever home lately and so I can't have my bot gather for more than a couple hours at a time because of this. Please help us D:

Edit: In fact I got up maybe 20 minutes ago, and fixed the marker, and just as I was about to head to work noticed it crashed again...
Is there no way to make it take a snapshot of the marker you set and then restore upon relaunching? If not can you please add this feature? ;-;

if hte game crashes doesnt the gui_launcher just relaunch your game? if you have auto start bot enabled it will then just take off where it left off at.
It's probably doing what mine does when gathering. I set it to Single Marker and select the proper mining marker I want and then it gathers fine but on relaunch it reverts back to PVP marker and so the bot doesn't gather until set back to mining marker.
(09-04-2014, 02:04 PM)atmarkham Wrote:  It's probably doing what mine does when gathering. I set it to Single Marker and select the proper mining marker I want and then it gathers fine but on relaunch it reverts back to PVP marker and so the bot doesn't gather until set back to mining marker.

according to ace

[10:12:22 AM] ace: marker manager has always reset
[10:12:42 AM] ace: it doesn't matter what type it's set to
[10:12:57 AM] ace: you don't have to set it to "grind" to use grind markers

ok i teseted this out and indeed it doesnt work for single marker. what i suggest doing i switching to marker list for now add 2 markers in teh same location untill ace can get that fixed.
Yeah, I had been using single marker. It's exactly that -- goes right back to PvP marker every time and doesn't gather. Thanks for the temporary fix, I appreciate you testing it out. I'll just have to use marker list as you said, with 2 markers in the same area. Kind of a weird behavior but hey if it works I'm happy.
Hi, I just got this and am trying to set it up, I get the same error (different code) when I either attach to a running game or try to launch it already attached. I was running Razer Game Booster but unlinked it from FFXIV and disabled it, I've also stopped all non microsoft start up services. Nothing seems to effect it. I can't find anything else where someone has the same problem, however i was drawn to this thread when I saw someone mention it could be network data issues. My household has a proxy on the router to make it think we are in the US (actually in Australia) to run Netflix. Could this be causing me this issue?

Many thanks