Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Random Memory Crashing
(01-23-2015, 01:33 AM)Naejin Wrote:  Appleporgy, Just an idea, but I only just experienced this memory problem. It happened after I enabled Leviathan Helper and zoned. I see that you have it in your running processes. That could be the problem.

It can't be the cause. This issue has popped up for me suddenly as of 2.5 on all 3 of my PCs, and I do not use Leviathan Helper.

I am currently trying to troubleshoot the error with the assumption that it is not Minion at fault, but until I exhaust all other troubleshooting routes It is still a suspect.
(01-23-2015, 02:40 PM)ThatAngryGuy Wrote:  
(01-23-2015, 01:33 AM)Naejin Wrote:  Appleporgy, Just an idea, but I only just experienced this memory problem. It happened after I enabled Leviathan Helper and zoned. I see that you have it in your running processes. That could be the problem.

It can't be the cause. This issue has popped up for me suddenly as of 2.5 on all 3 of my PCs, and I do not use Leviathan Helper.

I am currently trying to troubleshoot the error with the assumption that it is not Minion at fault, but until I exhaust all other troubleshooting routes It is still a suspect.

if it was minion you would think alot of people would have this. what this is which you can get this Mem error even if you are not running the bot. What happens when you start running alot of different accounts you get this mem error. Ive fixed it by using a mem cleaner and increasing my virutal mem. I still get this error if i get up around 24-28 bots per machine but thast better then getting it around 8-16. I've launched 24 bots via guil launcher. then try and launch one manually you will still get the error its not minion related its amount of accounts running vs resources vs ffxiv client. ive also found since 2.5 ffxiv it self uses more resources then it did before 2.5 i think its something to do with the refresh rate in window mode.
only 1 account here and 24424 MB VM

i turned off levu helper and ran it last night seemed to go thru the night fine.
When it happened to me, it said it couldn't input to memory location, same as he got. I had literally just started leviathan helper. It hasn't happened since. Now, I realize that once is hardly a suitable sample size, but it's what I have. I also run Memory Cleaner and the system memory hasn't gone over 30% or so. Either way, I won't use Levi Helper until it gets patched. Good luck.
(01-23-2015, 03:10 PM)Cichard Wrote:  

if it was minion you would think alot of people would have this. what this is which you can get this Mem error even if you are not running the bot. What happens when you start running alot of different accounts you get this mem error. Ive fixed it by using a mem cleaner and increasing my virutal mem. I still get this error if i get up around 24-28 bots per machine but thast better then getting it around 8-16. I've launched 24 bots via guil launcher. then try and launch one manually you will still get the error its not minion related its amount of accounts running vs resources vs ffxiv client. ive also found since 2.5 ffxiv it self uses more resources then it did before 2.5 i think its something to do with the refresh rate in window mode.

I can't use GUI_Launcher because it keeps choosing the wrong data center and keeps restarting the clients since it cannot find said characters on the wrong data cluster.

That being said, what memory cleaner are you using? I'm testing on my 4th machine that is a completely different/beefier build than my other 3 bot machines to see if it is has the same issue.

Looking at the support forum for FF14:ARR it looks like there is a lot of people having framerate and memory issues. So it most likely has to do with whatever they changed recently.

I'm thinking that maybe my 3 bot machines (amd based) are having issues with it somehow. Either with an AMD GPU incompatibility or ram usage (they have around 6-8gigs per machine, so 4 accounts at once should be theoretically fine?).

What MemoryCleaner are you using? I might need to try it! ThumbsUp

Cheers
I'm using the one Jackie recommended, Memory Cleaner by Josh Koshy, it is on the previous thread of this page. Just google it.
(01-23-2015, 05:04 PM)ThatAngryGuy Wrote:  

I can't use GUI_Launcher because it keeps choosing the wrong data center and keeps restarting the clients since it cannot find said characters on the wrong data cluster.

That being said, what memory cleaner are you using? I'm testing on my 4th machine that is a completely different/beefier build than my other 3 bot machines to see if it is has the same issue.

Looking at the support forum for FF14:ARR it looks like there is a lot of people having framerate and memory issues. So it most likely has to do with whatever they changed recently.

I'm thinking that maybe my 3 bot machines (amd based) are having issues with it somehow. Either with an AMD GPU incompatibility or ram usage (they have around 6-8gigs per machine, so 4 accounts at once should be theoretically fine?).

Cheers

looking at the support forum its this thread.... alot of the other threads have this same problem months ago. its not the bot. its not amd. Both of my computers are AMD 8350 with amd r270x graphic cards. They are running fine. Id like to find out 2 things.

What Windows version you are running
The install path of the game and minion.

also a side note when filling in server name

Odin isnt the same as odin or ODIN Odin is the only correct server name. So when typing your server name make sure it is correct. Character name has no effect on anything that is soley for your organization. I just put hte word Name in all mine. If you have teamviewer i would be willing to fix what ever you have going on for you.
(01-23-2015, 05:59 PM)Cichard Wrote:  
(01-23-2015, 05:04 PM)ThatAngryGuy Wrote:  

Cheers

looking at the support forum its this thread.... alot of the other threads have this same problem months ago. its not the bot. its not amd. Both of my computers are AMD 8350 with amd r270x graphic cards. They are running fine. Id like to find out 2 things.

What Windows version you are running
The install path of the game and minion.

also a side note when filling in server name

Odin isnt the same as odin or ODIN Odin is the only correct server name. So when typing your server name make sure it is correct. Character name has no effect on anything that is soley for your organization. I just put hte word Name in all mine. If you have teamviewer i would be willing to fix what ever you have going on for you.

Thanks for the information about AMD. That helps me out with the troubleshooting quite a bit since i can completely cut off that route :D!

I'm using Windows7 64bit.

The install path for FF14:ARR is the standard non-steam one. C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\SquareEnix etc

I have Minion itself running from a folder on the desktop

As for running the GUI_Launcher, I completely blew away my old one and grabbed a new one from the updater. Working fine again, seemed something got corrupt. It wasn't the server name that was the issue, it kept choosing the wrong data center (Aether instead of Primal).

I'm betting it has to be a memory issue with 2.5 that reintroduced and that MemoryCleaner might resolve the issue.

I'll get back to you guys once I'm home from work and have time to work on this more. Happy
Any chance any of you experiencing this problem are using a Killer NIC? There was something wrong with the driver for mine that caused a memory leak and filled up all the ram on the system until it crashed. The more bots running, the faster it happened.
make sure you install minion in C:\minion and not on your desktop as well and make sure to always run it as admin.