Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.27 Average
crafting profile in beta
So in beta version, crafting skill go with its skill id. however for each DOH they have some skill with same name but different skill id. Those are the common skills like "Basic Touch", "Standard Touch", "Great Stride" and etc.

This cause a problem that after you make a skill profile for GSM, this might not work for other class if you put one of those common skill in the list. The solution for this would be putting the same name skill (but different id) into the profile with exactly same condition.

For example, a pure making profile for GSM might look like this.
1. Ingunity II [100]
2. Basic Synthesis [200]

but for BSM, Basic Synthesis id is 201. Therefore, the above profile will not work. you need to make it like this
1. Ingunity II [100]
2. Basic Synthesis [200]
3. Basic Synthesis [201]

And for this profile working on all eight DOH, the profile should become something like this..
1. Ingunity II [100]
2. Basic Synthesis [200]
3. Basic Synthesis [201]
4. Basic Synthesis [202]
5. Basic Synthesis [203]
6. Basic Synthesis [204]
7. Basic Synthesis [205]
8. Basic Synthesis [206]
9. Basic Synthesis [207]

Well, looks dumb right? Could we simplify this? Just do the name match like old version OR allow multiple id in one skill?
I dont get whats wrong with having each ID in the same profile or making profiles for each craft class.
Stop being lazy and demanding so much, crafting in beta works great.
Being lazy.. hmm. I've already made all the profile I need, from no star 40 to even three star.
I do not promote this issue for my convenience actually, I just don't like redundant thing in a `code`.

And to fxfire, thanks for your reply. If this issue is really related to maintaining a big (skill name, job) <-> skill id mapping table, then I'd also suggest ignore it.