Thread Rating:
  • 65 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Tutorial-FFXIVMinion v1.5 "Gathering Unspoiled Nodes"
I used to be apprehensive in trying this out, but once I took the time to learn it and set it up properly, it works nicely! Happy

I do have a question though :O

From what I understand, if you set an "Idle" location, it will try to gather in that location.
What I did then was set a an unspoiled marker in Costa.
I treated it like a normal marker and set it to the area I wanted my character to gather at when idle (water crystals).
I then set the new location with a filler time and at the idle marker I want it gather at, along with which class they should be.

However, what mine is doing is that if what I gathered previously before it idles was a different gathering class, it sometimes won't switch classes.
For example, I was getting clusters as a Miner in Mor Dhona and I port to my idle map after for gathering, but it won't change classes to Botanist and stays a Miner.
Then what it proceeds to do (another thing I noticed) was that since it is a miner, it goes and runs to the nearest mining node and starts mining shards.
This is not too huge of a problem since it's at least making use of idle time, but I just noticed it and wondered if that's how it's supposed to work.
Sometimes, it doesn't do this though. It will just stay a Miner and stand there doing nothing. It feels random and I never know what it will do when it's in the Idle zone.

And that transitions to my final question--when you set a map to idle gather at, do you have any choice about which nodes you get to gather at?
Or will it just choose the nearest available nodes?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tutorial-FFXIVMinion v1.5 "Gathering Unspoiled Nodes" - by Kireien - 03-14-2015, 10:33 PM
Gather Unspoiled - by mike0804 - 09-04-2014, 06:47 AM