Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game Crashes When Selecting Skill Profile
(09-02-2014, 07:44 PM)random73 Wrote:  @Bobsayshello

You mean it crashes even if you pick the default profile ?

Yes, as soon as I select any profile including default profiles it crashes immediately.

(09-02-2014, 08:07 PM)fxfire Wrote:  could you pls check your folderpath to where minion sits, if there are any non alphanumeric characters ?

also please open the console and reload lua modules, see if there is any error. same goes for when you then select the profile, because I cannot reproduce it...need screens & more info

I think I've gotten it to work now. Instead of selecting a Skill Profile where it would crash I went into Skill Manager and set up a new profile and saved it. After doing that I'm now able to move between profiles without any crashes. Just tested after closing and restarting it and its still working now. Thanks for your help.
I've tried doing the same thing as Bobsayshello. If I select any profile even "none" the game crashes without warning but if I go into the skill manager and make a new profile I can go back to selecting whatever other profile I want without crashing. The only problem is when I go onto a gathering job and have it set to "gather unspoiled nodes" when I go back to any non-gathering job the game crashes again when I try to select any skill profile. Again I have NO mods and only the basic skill profiles that come with the bot. I haven't tried to set up any new skill profiles until this problem gets resolved.
(09-02-2014, 08:07 PM)fxfire Wrote:  could you pls check your folderpath to where minion sits, if there are any non alphanumeric characters ?

also please open the console and reload lua modules, see if there is any error. same goes for when you then select the profile, because I cannot reproduce it...need screens & more info

Ok so I was wrong regarding setting up a new profile fixing the issue. It works that one time but each time I set up the bot I have to do this again.

Folderpath is -
This PC> OS (C:)> MMO_Minion> FFXIV_Updater.

What would you like to see as far as more info and screens?
you shouldnt be running hte updater every time you shoudl be runniung the gui_launcher
(09-03-2014, 02:30 AM)jackie1234 Wrote:  you shouldnt be running hte updater every time you shoudl be runniung the gui_launcher

Who said I was running the updater every time or even at all? I was asked about the folderpath. By default gui_launcher is located in a folder titled FFXIV_Updater. Am I wrong? Please dont respond unless you have something that contributes to the topic at hand. Thanks.

(09-03-2014, 08:54 AM)fxfire Wrote:  Hmmm strange ... I'll test this now again, also with a fresh install of the bot ...

I appreciate your help. I would like to eventually be able to use the bot like normal but Im happy that I can with some tweaking still run it at all. If there is something I can do to help please let me know.
(09-03-2014, 09:49 AM)Bobsayshello Wrote:  
(09-03-2014, 02:30 AM)jackie1234 Wrote:  you shouldnt be running hte updater every time you shoudl be runniung the gui_launcher

Who said I was running the updater every time or even at all? I was asked about the folderpath. By default gui_launcher is located in a folder titled FFXIV_Updater. Am I wrong? Please dont respond unless you have something that contributes to the topic at hand. Thanks.

(09-03-2014, 08:54 AM)fxfire Wrote:  Hmmm strange ... I'll test this now again, also with a fresh install of the bot ...

I appreciate your help. I would like to eventually be able to use the bot like normal but Im happy that I can with some tweaking still run it at all. If there is something I can do to help please let me know.

well you gave the file path with an executiable. I wanted to make sure you where not trying to launch the bot via the updater every time. I'm spending alot of hours here helping people try and figure out whats going on with their installations. via teamviewer and skype. So dont act like im trying to troll you.