Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Harassment from players....
(11-30-2014, 12:10 PM)Leon Wrote:  I can confirm that. It's possible.

Make a macro 15x /trade <t>.
Wait at the Gather Node, when the bot arrives, spam macro.

It will open the trade window and gathering cannot be executed.

If you can actually pull this out then I hope it will get fixed soon because probably people will start doing this to get us banned.
(12-02-2014, 08:26 PM)9874126 Wrote:  On a probably off-topic note, I can say I've had my share of harassment while trying to gather unspoiled nodes at Mor Dhona. People have tried to MPK me for a few hours at a time since nearby mobs can be brought near the cluster nodes. Tried again another day and I didn't get bothered. Has anyone dealt with something like this? I decided not to report them, as it would draw too much attention to me.

I recommend using some gameplay recording software if you ever go AFK for extended periods of time for this purpose. Like that, if anyone decides to MPK you, you will know exactly who it was and when/where it happened as GMs always ask you for as much details as possible for harassment tickets.

Oh yeah I've also been giving shit for have the "busy" tag. People get really suspicious of that too for some reason (autistic persistent people).

How do they give you shit?

Just report them for harrassment the same way.
If it wasnt ment to be in the game it wouldnt be in there.
it is your right to ignore other players if you wish.

being reported for having the busy tag up hopefully wont be taken seriously.
The busy tag is only used for questing I believe - is that not correct? Regarding the trade spam macro, we do have functionality in place to cancel trade requests but maybe there's a hole in the timing as you've suggested - I'll create a development ticket to investigate it
Yes its automaticly used on questing but can be used at any point.

Would stop trades when gathering afk etc.
(12-04-2014, 03:41 AM)ferenz Wrote:  Regarding the trade spam macro, we do have functionality in place to cancel trade requests but maybe there's a hole in the timing as you've suggested - I'll create a development ticket to investigate it

Please do and thank you for checking it out.
Today another player tried on me some kind of that.
I attacked mobs, He walked to me and I was unable do anything. Strange thing is, that I didnt see any Trade window. Just only him locked on me.
(12-11-2014, 10:09 AM)Iwantall Wrote:  Today another player tried on me some kind of that.
I attacked mobs, He walked to me and I was unable do anything. Strange thing is, that I didnt see any Trade window. Just only him locked on me.

Probably because the bot automatically closes the trading, but due to the spam trade request your bot movement is 'locked'. It really is harassment, tho we can't complain since we're botting and taking advantage.