Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Tutorial - Fishing
FFXIVMinion has full support for simple "place-and-go" fishing and advanced gather manager fishing functionality. This tutorial will explain how the bot behaves when in "Fish" mode and how to properly setup and use the GatherManager for Fishing. This tutorial assumes that the user has already created a proper nav mesh and is familiar with the process of creating fishing mesh markers; if that is not the case, please see the appropriate tutorials before continuing further with fishing setup.

Fishing Options
[Image: h53hFkm.png]
Yes, fishing is that simple. Setting the "Ignore Marker Lvl" checkbox will tell the bot to choose fishing markers regardless of the marker level when the gather manager is enabled.

Markers and the GatherManager
The gather manager provides advanced options for customizing your bots fishing behavior. Without the gathering manager enabled, the bot will simply use the following behavior loop:
  • Attempt to Cast at current location
  • Wait
  • Attempt to reel in when a bite occurs

This means that in default fishing mode you will not be able to pass any location/bait information to the bot to customize its fishing behavior. The gather manager solves this problem by utilizing mesh markers to allow you to customize fishing using the following procedure:

Setup Mesh / Markers
[Image: yrxAb1k.png]
Your first step should be setting up your mesh, saving it, and adding fishing markers at appropriate locations. For fishing markers, it is very important that you pay attention to the following:
  • Test the location first to ensure that fishing is possible and fish bite at this location!
  • The bot will face whichever direction you are facing when you create the marker. Make sure you are facing out over the water.
  • The bot navigation is only accurate to a distance of about 1.5. Make sure to place your markers as close to the edge near the water as possible to ensure that if the bot stops slightly early it will still be close enough to fish.

Marker Options
After setting up your mesh/markers, the next step will be to customize your fishing for each marker location. When opening up the GatherManager window and selecting the Fishing group you will see:

[Image: tLYnqpC.png]
The fishing group contains the following settings:
  • Select Marker: This allows you to select the marker you setup previously in the MeshManager window. Only markers for the activity you've selected will be displayed.
  • Bait Name: Enter the name of the bait you want to use at this location and ensure that the bait is in your inventory when you start fishing
  • Marker Timer (s): This is the amount of time your bot will spend gathering at this location before moving to another marker.

The marker timer is of particular importance because it determines how long (in seconds) that the bot will remain in a given area. If you set the marker timer to 0 (default) it will remain in an area indefinitely. For fishing, this is particularly bad as it means that the bot will eventually receive the "no more fish biting" error and fishing will no longer work at this location. Note that you can change any of the marker options while the bot is running and it will change its behavior immediately based on your selections.

Example Marker Setup
[Image: lJHZZi7.png]

In this screenshot I have created a mesh along the water, added three fishing markers (one is offscreen), and opened the gather manager to select a marker to customize.

[Image: R5F1I99.png]

After selecting a marker I enter the name of the Bait I will use. Note that this is an actual text entry as opposed to the drop down menu for marker/botany markers. The drop down menu will be added to display all the current bait items in your bag in the near future. Next I enter the marker timer; I've enter 100 seconds for testing in this example image, but for normal fish botting I would enter a significantly higher value.

That's it for fishing...pretty simple. Please post any questions/issues in responses and happy fishing!
Any Mooch support?
I have not been able to find any Mooch capability with fishing either. The ability to use Mooch at higher levels is a pretty big requirement. Hopefully Mooch capability will be added soon (assuming it's not already there and I am just too stupid to find it).
There is no scripting for gathering skills yet, although the capability is there and could be written by anyone with time and a bit of programming knowledge. I'll add some code that calls a gathering routine script (just like our combat routine scripts in /class_routines) just before casting or interacting with a node, and that should allow people to write some custom scripts for using the gatheirng class skills. The functionality to call those skills is already available via the lua api.
All the bot would have to do is hit the mooch key after reeling in a fish, pretty simple. If it's moochable it works, if not it hits a grayed out key.
Strangely enough it doesn't move between markers.

I have 6 Markers, every marker is within the navmesh(some are maybe a little bit out, just because when you mesh with triangles it's ok but the navmesh doesn't cover it ;( Could that be the problem?

Tested with 100s on the clock. The bait is the same at every marker...

When i click start it jsut starts trying to fish, even if im away from the markers...
(10-07-2013, 07:48 AM)ymko Wrote:  Strangely enough it doesn't move between markers.

I have 6 Markers, every marker is within the navmesh(some are maybe a little bit out, just because when you mesh with triangles it's ok but the navmesh doesn't cover it ;( Could that be the problem?

Tested with 100s on the clock. The bait is the same at every marker...

When i click start it jsut starts trying to fish, even if im away from the markers...

I have the same problem. I created a mesh in Lower Limsa at the docks and then setup 10 markers. If I am in front of my marker then it fishes otherwise it just spams trying to fish and doesnt move to them at all :(
Probably one of the latest updates broke something :P
Fixed, just waiting to be pushed to live build.
Lovely :P I can fish for the whole night :P

Also i noticed bot overusing abilities, i.e its on cooldown yet the bot will click it 100 times :P