Thread Rating:
  • 31 Vote(s) - 2.35 Average
Tutorial - Skill Manager, Spell Book & Skill Editor
This tutorial is intended to be used as a guide when creating Skill Manager profiles utilizing the Skill Manager, Skill Editor, SkillBook and Dev LUA modules.

I will be continuously updating this thread and developing the tutorial to cover the topic in more depth. I will also be adding images in the near future.

1.0 Skill Manager
The Skill Manager consists of three sections:

1.1 General Settings
1.1.1 Activated - This section contains a toggle box which activates and de-activates the Skill Manager.
1.1.2 Profile - Select the profile you wish to use.

1.2 Skill Editor
1.2.1 New Profile Name - Type the profile name you want to use. I'd personally keep it similar to the class it's for to avoid future confusion. When you click Save Current Profile at the bottom of the window it will create a new profile file.
1.2.2 Clear Profile - Click this button to remove all skills from the ProfileSkills (1.3) section & revert to 'None' setting in Profile section(1.1.2).

1.3 ProfileSkills
1.3.1 When you create a profile this section will hold all of your skills, in the order in which they are to be used. #1 in the list will be used with highest priority, unless it's on cool down, at which time #2 in the list will be used. The same applies going further down the list. Clicking on the skill will open the Skill Editor (3.0)

2.0 SkillBook
The skill book shows all available skills. Click Refresh Skills to update the list. When you click one of the skills it will move to the ProfileSkills (1.3) section of the skill manager.

3.0 Skill Editor

3.1 Skill Details
3.0.1 Name - The name of the skill you are editing
3.0.2 ID - The Skill ID
3.0.3 Enabled - This toggle which activate / deactivate the skill being used in the Skill Manager
3.0.4 Applies(De-)Buff - Click this toggle if the skills applies a buff / debuff when cast.
3.0.5 MinRange - Set the minimum range you want the skill to activate at. 0 will fall at the base of the character.
3.0.6 MaxRange - Set the maximum range you want the skill to activate at.
3.0.7 Use out of Combat - Click this toggle if the skill should be used out of combat. For example Raging Strikes archer skill; this adds 20% DPS when popped so you'll want to use it at the start of a fight.
3.0.8 Player HP%> - The skill will be activated if the Players HP is greater than the set number, in percentage.
3.0.9 Player HP%< - The skill will be activated if the Players HP is less than the set, in percentage. I.e the skill will pop when you reach 30%
3.0.10 Player MP> - The skill will be activated if the Players MP is greater than the set value.
3.0.11 Player MP< - The skill will be activated if the Players MP is less than the set value.
3.0.12 Target HP%> - The skill will be activated if the Targets HP is greater than the set value, in percentage.
3.0.13 Target HP%< - The skill will be activated if the Targets HP is less than the set value, in percentage.
3.0.14 Enemies Near Target(Count) >= - The skill will be activated if there are more than, or equal to, the number of mobs set within the MaxRange setting.
3.0.15 Enemies Near Target(MaxRange) = - The maximum range that the above count will be applied to.
3.0.16 Allies Near Target(Count) >= - The skill will be activated if there are more than, or equal to, the number of friendlies within the MaxRange setting.
3.0.17 Allies Near Target(MaxRange) = - The maximum range that the above count will be applied to.
3.0.18 Player has Buff - The skill will be activated if the Player has a certain buff. The Buff ID should be placed in this box. See the Dev section for how to get the Buff ID
3.0.19 Player has NOT Buff - The skill will be activated if the Player does NOT have a certain buff.
3.0.20 Target as Buff - The skill will be activated if the Target has a certain buff.
3.0.21 Target has NOT Buff - The skill will be activated if the Target does NOT have a certain buff.

3.2 UP
Clicking UP will move the selected skill up in the priority list.

3.3 DOWN
Clicking DOWN will move the selected skill down in the priority list.

3.4 DELETE
Clicking DELETE will remove the selected skill from the ProfileSkills (1.3) list.

4.0 Dev
In this section I will be addressing the BuffInfo part of the Dev window.

4.1 BuffInfo
4.0.1 BuffList of - In combination with BuffAtIndex this selection will choose what type of buff you want the ID for (Player / Target). Player is for yourself, Target is for your target. This can be used to get the ID of buffs or debuffs. Please be aware SkillID and BuffID are very different things.
4.0.2 BuffAtIndex - This is the position the buff is at within the buff list. For example, if you are member of a Free Company you may have 'The Heat of Battle'. As this buff is constant it will always take up position 1. To find the correct buff count from the the left to the right on the buff icons in the FF Gui.
4.0.3 ID - This section will show the BuffID in the position selected above.
4.0.4 ownerID - The ID of the buff owner.
4.0.5 slot - The slot within the buff list that is occupied with the selected buff.
4.0.6 Name - The name of the buff.
4.0.7 Duration - How long the buff lasts.

4.2 TOGGLE DEVMONITOR ON_OFF
When you have selected [BuffList of] & [BuffAtIndex] click this button to fetch details from the client.
Can't get this to work with gathering. I set it up as a buff and enabled it, but it is not casting. I even tried out of combat.
yup same here my character doesn't use any of its gathering skills
If you are looking for the BuffID's then you can find them here: http://pastebin.com/eXXH0S7X

To convert the Hex number into Decimal then you can use this: http://numbermonk.com/
Is it possible to have multiple previous skill IDs? an OR option..
There does not seem to be an option in the skillmanager for monitoring TP to trigger certain skills. For example I would like invigorate (lnc) to trigger when TP is below 500.
How can I get this to use cure, regen, or protect out of combat? Will not do anything unless i have an enemy targeted. Use out of combat is checked.
Since most spells are on the same CD it keeps casting my #1 priority over and over. Is there anyway to get it to rotate through skills?
for this section

3.0.21 Target has NOT Buff - The skill will be activated if the Target does NOT have a certain buff.

is there like a specific value that we must put in? cant seems to get the skills work correctly when i try to set themComplaint
(10-27-2013, 09:55 AM)uremeshi Wrote:  for this section

is there like a specific value that we must put in? cant seems to get the skills work correctly when i try to set themComplaint

Need the buff ID... go to: Lua Modules - Dev - Buffinfo
cast the buff, check target and set BuffAtIndex on what number the buff slot is, so the module know where to look, there you will get the ID# you need to put in the 3.0.21