Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Newest Update Shuts down Game
I am still having problems with the update of the Minionlauncher_64.exe MD5 Changed update. I am able to continue to use Minion by saving a working copy of Minionlauncher_64.exe before the update and then restore from it after the update. BTW, I have no trouble with any of the other updates that have occurred over the past several days since I have had this problem. I am running Win10 and using Windows Defender with the C:/MINIONAPP folder excluded.

So, I launch Minionlauncher and it comes up as normal. Does a check for updates and tells me there is an update for Minionlauncher_64.exe MD5 Changed. I select the update and tell it to install. It performs the update as if everything was working normally. After the update it relaunches the Minionlauncher but the update I just installed shows again as a needed update. If I try to launch Minion at this point it will not start FFXIV.

At this point, if I look in the Minionapp folder I see the executable Minionlauncher_64.exe but it is only a 1KB file whereas the working executable was 4,194KB. I recover from this by deleting the just updated Minionlauncher_64.exe file and replace it with the copy I made before the update. I then restart Minionlauncher, ignore the update for Minionlauncher_64.exe and FFXIV launched normally, Minion attaches normally and all seems to work normally.

Although I am able to use the bot with this work around I am concerned if I can not perform this update it will eventually start causing problems. Any insight into how to get this update performed will be greatly appreciated.

Sully

Messages In This Thread
Newest Update Shuts down Game - by pokritz - 06-19-2018, 04:46 PM
RE: Newest Update Shuts down Game - by Sonork - 06-19-2018, 05:17 PM
RE: Newest Update Shuts down Game - by Sully13 - 06-19-2018, 06:36 PM
RE: Newest Update Shuts down Game - by pokritz - 06-19-2018, 06:58 PM
RE: Newest Update Shuts down Game - by Sonork - 06-19-2018, 07:00 PM
RE: Newest Update Shuts down Game - by Sully13 - 06-19-2018, 08:29 PM
RE: Newest Update Shuts down Game - by Sully13 - 06-22-2018, 05:54 PM
RE: Newest Update Shuts down Game - by arkayne - 06-23-2018, 01:31 PM