Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.43 Average
Won't load 2nd instance
So after having Minion be a butt for me the past few hours I finally go it to work with one instance. The problem is when I go to run another instance it will immediately crash without the log in popping up, it will work just fine for A. loads it and asks for key/pw (I don't have it auto-login) but if I choose B. (with or wihtout A running minion already) it will crash no matter what stage I am at be it character select screen, loaded in game, etc...

I did have issues with my clients just plainly crashing which i posted in another thread with a few others having issue but that seems to have settled down reinstalled minion and a few other programs such as VLC to name one since they like to claim which files they open just to make sure they were not the culprit.

Not sure on my end what would be causing the second instance of ffxiv to crash when minion loads, works just fine without it.

As far as Minion goes I run default what it comes with no extra lua etc and everything else like direct, Net 4, C++ is all up to date those were the first I accused of being red handed.

I had no issues running 2 instances simultaneously about 15 hrs ago, got off or work came home booted everything up(no updates for windows were installed) tried to run both and started having issues. My thinking is FFXIV launcher ninja installed something to prep for 2.16 tomorrow :/ because as far as my system goes nothing changed in those hrs.

I will see if after maintenance and if Minion gets updated if that fixes my issues.

Messages In This Thread
Won't load 2nd instance - by TheBistcuitman - 02-19-2014, 10:09 AM
RE: Won't load 2nd instance - by Cichard - 02-19-2014, 03:44 PM
RE: Won't load 2nd instance - by TheBistcuitman - 02-19-2014, 11:45 PM
RE: Won't load 2nd instance - by Signature - 02-20-2014, 02:25 AM
RE: Won't load 2nd instance - by TheBistcuitman - 02-20-2014, 10:03 AM