Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 3.41 Average
SkillManager Update [Beta]
I am aware of what the skill is but when it fires off raging strikes followed by fire right off the bat without astral fire it is a little weird. Was more curious if that was intentional or mix up.
i do this so after raging strikes, i'm sure it do Fire to do correct dps rotation, my rotation is :fire III > raging strikes > fire x4 > swiftcast > Flare > convert > fire > Blizzard III > Thunder II > blizzard >
REPEAT.
that way raging is only used for the right rotation and not being wasted in a Ice rotation, like i have seen on many blm profiles. those uses most of the time raging when avalaible, and this a waste
If that is the case then a simple mp amount greater than check along with player has buff 175 then I would assume would do the trick. Either way thanks. Gonna go tweak the profile for my play style.
Anyone else notice that with latest patch push that anything skill-manager related is pretty fubar atm :/? My BLM won't use his Transpose anymore when at 0 mp (like he should!) after completing a fire rotation.
Movement is messing up Ninjutsu
(02-09-2015, 05:22 AM)Mcdougall Wrote:  Movement is messing up Ninjutsu

That was the main issue but Ace made it better with his last tweak, there was still bunnies but it got reduced drastically; the update recently seemed to have put the profile back to square one.
so, is this changed skillmanager live already or not? And should we then use the profiles from here if it is?
(02-09-2015, 05:22 AM)Mcdougall Wrote:  Movement is messing up Ninjutsu
Either because there is minimum distance from enemy set for mudras or (more likely) all actions are stopped when you're not facing enemy.
So if mob runs too far from you, or you lose sight of it because it ran after someone on your side or behind you - ninjutsu chain gets interrupted. And when the correct conditions are regained (distance, visibility) bot restarts mudra from scratch or uses another ability -> bunny.
Problem is, if chain gets interrupted, the bot isn't aware the chain was in progress and should be finished. Same if mob dies in the middle of ninjutsu or skill chain and you're not fast enough to target another enemy.
The newest skill manager updates are the beta, with some more fixes going out yesterday, and profiles.

The underlying API I have to work with is not inherently aware of "chains" and "combos". The current version is 10x better at keeping a chain in check, and is phenomenally better at keeping Ninja lined out. I think that people aren't aware of how bad the previous setup was, because most profiles called the ninjutsu skills directly instead of the ninjutsu wrapper skill. This causes the bot to usually "appear" like it's doing the right thing because everything is moving along swiftly and looks pretty, but in reality, at least in my case, the moves fail due to timing issues, improper chain tracking caused the bot to reset entire skill chains and so DPS drops were abundant for these reasons.

The way assist works in general, is that if you don't have something targeted, it doesn't do anything, so no more casts take place. That's not a skillmanager issue, it's just the way the system works, this has not ever changed.

The new system also has also had a sort of "limiter" ripped out, which is why I removed the range checks as an optional thing, because, to be honest, most people were really botching their profiles with that, and you would have seen some very nasty happenings. This is why the new system is much faster, though I'm not sure why more people haven't taken note of how insanely fast the skill chains flow now.

ALSO, I even added mass and detailed debugging built right now, so you don't have to flounder around wondering why a particular skill doesn't work.
If you open the skill manager, click the "Enable Debugging" checkbox, and pick some skills (by priority) to debug, ex. "1,3,5", it will tell you what conditions are failing on those skills to cause them to not fire. If you've spent ANY TIME AT ALL building any skill profile, you can appreciate how valuable this feedback is.

The new rewrite also resets faster when chains are fucked up, so you don't just stand around staring at the sky for 10 seconds.

The new rewrite also had "Combo Breaker" and "OFFGCD" removed as I am figuring that out on your behalf, since people were, in general, massively not understanding those concepts.

Yesterday's update of the new rewrite prevents OFFGCD skills from being blown prior to actually starting combat if they are listed as "In Combat". This is entirely new logic, because it has always done this, depending on how you listed your skills from top to bottom.

One very important change that I should note, which became necessary due to the way OFFGCD skills are usually handled is how the "Previous Skill" works. Only skills that eat a GCD will be tracked here. If you are using OFFGCD skills in succession, such as the case in swiftcast --> flare, you need to set Swiftcast to have a "Next Skill" and force the chain forward, instead of using backwards progression. Again, ONLY GCD skills will register in the "Previous Skill" box, so if you classify a skill as requiring an OFFGCD skill, you're going to have a bad time.

There might be some places where some logic is wrong, and in that case, let me know, preferably with some data from the debugging to back up your hypothesis.
I don't mind helping improve profiles, fix logic issues, etc. I uploaded and spent a lot of my own time making decent skill profiles that work with the new system in cases where it was difficult. I also included in yesterday's update some "_50" specific profiles, and you may see more of these roll out in the future.

Links will be removed from OP because they are not outdated and not useful.
(02-09-2015, 10:11 PM)Ace Wrote:  The newest skill manager updates are the beta, with some more fixes going out yesterday, and profiles.

Links will be removed from OP because they are not outdated and not useful.

from this I take that the files in the OP aren't the current beta? Where is it to be found then?
And thx a lot for your work, it really is appreciated