Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 3.41 Average
SkillManager Update [Beta]
(01-12-2015, 09:24 PM)sebbs Wrote:  Change player target to enemy and see if that fixes it.

I'll try that although it feels like a bug.
Setting it like this was intentional if boss becomes untargetable for long animation (Titan, Garuda, Ifrit, T9) your buff combo won't be interrupted even if you lose enemy target. Technically it's a buff performed on myself. I just want it to activate only when I have aggro (in combat status).

Another change, somewhat unwelcome - bot now auto-faces target when attacking. You will look like a retard in T7, especially on BRD. That's the most extreme example, but there are more, the most common is turning to let tank take hate, or not kill something ad bad moment.

Was this change intentional? Is a toggle to enable/disable auto-facing by bot possible? Otherwise it's possible to disable it in game, but I liked how it worked so far. Changing to new way might take some getting used to.
you sure you dont have the option turned on in game?
(01-12-2015, 11:36 PM)Cichard Wrote:  you sure you dont have the option turned on in game?
I've always had auto-face target enabled in game. There was a change how old and new skill manager handle using abilities:

Old: stops using GCD abilities when you turn away from enemy
New: tries to use GCD abilities when you turn away from enemy. If you disable auto-turn in game, you are spammed with on screen in-game error message "Target is not in range." If you enable auto-face in game, your character keeps turning to enemy to use attacks.

Both ways have their merits, so I was wondering if it was possible to introduce a toggle in options so people can choose which way they prefer it. Auto facing is nice in assist mode because you keep using attacks whilst running around and dodging, but in unnerfed Coil T6 you had to stop all actions for 'Blighted Bouquet' or you die and in T7 you had to face away from arena so you don't petrify the whole party. All you had to do to handle those mechanics was to turn away, in new bot you'll have to make smart use of 'enemy cast ID' or 'player/enemy has buff ID'. And if there is no channel or buff ID to capture, you have to enable/disable bot.
So again, I'm of two minds, the change is nice in some aspects, a bit trickier to handle in other.
(01-12-2015, 04:16 PM)Asuno Wrote:  From what I tried out, for Bard this works amazing. Ninja... not so much. It's probably a lag problem on my end but the thing could barely manage to pull off one Ninjutsu, it just kept shooting off the mudra too fast.

In comparison when I used ISilenceI's profile on the default Skillmanager it usually succeeds a good 90% of the time.

Ninja profile is indeed in need of a bit of tweaking

Huton works nice but for some reason, the rotation gets jumbled up and the mudras as well resulting to a bunny skill

Thanks for the work as always
I tried your most recent file with ninja that was updated 4 hours ago. It broke ninjutsu the one before it was working well. It now treats ninjutsu like gcd and uses them after every attack.
That skillmgr and helpers file gets updated probably once a day, just FYI, so if you haven't re-pulled it and had previous issues, you should try again.

Added yesterday: universal profiling for crafts - should only need 1 skill profile for all crafts at any given recipe level. (needs thorough testing)
Ace i think something bugged out in your most recent update. The one before todays update was perfect on ninjutsu now this one uses abilities then ninjutsu then abiliti then ninjutsu...

Well nvm your profile works i guess theres something i have to tweak on mine i'll work on it.

Edit again

It appears it just messes up on opening rotation after that it seems to be ok..... but if you engage a mob with no huton up and next to it like a striking dummy your guaranteed to get a rabbit

Edit last time i promise....

So bard seems to be working good ninja fail off a lot with whatever happened from yesterday to today. But a nice overall bard increase in dps but a very big fall with ninja dps.
Pushed another update, should resolve some more of the lag-related issues.
with the update mudra's work fine now :D

hanging around 470-490 dps on dummies
So everytime minion updates, we have to overwrite your modules right?