Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Module] [FFXIVMinion64] Follow Me lua script
Hello everyone :)

I wrote this script to help me do duties without using duty profiles because of all the teleporting they do, which got me a 72 hour ban on 4 accounts a couple of years ago.  After reading other posts about ppl getting banned using duty profiles, I decided to share this with the community.  I hope you like it.

This is a very basic script, but it works really well.  You control one of your characters and have all your other characters use this script so they can follow you.  It uses the in-game /follow command when a char gets more than 5 away from you.  If they get too far away, 25, then it will stop following.  You can also select to follow only when in the same party or always.  Simply type the name of the character you want to follow in the "following" entry, then enable the bot.

When using it in duties, I set all the bots to Assist mode.  I control the Tank and have the others set to Tank Assist, Use Autoface, Start Combat and Auto-Confirm Duty.  With the FollowMe script they just follow me around and attack what I attack.  While in combat the script will not engage /follow, so the characters can move out of AoE range.

Keep in mind that some duties have some mechanics that will be impossible to do without 4 real players, for instance, Stone Vigil Hard:  The cannons and the giant turtle.  I was not able to control all 4 characters and get the turtle killed before the time ran out and it was instant wipe.  But for most duties this is a great setup.

Download:
.zip   FollowMe.zip (Size: 1.57 KB / Downloads: 123)

Edit: Converted to new GUI window, so now will work in 64bit minion
thanks for sharing . test it
Thx tadeus!
Using it right now, it's dope!
Revolt, Dominion, Dailies, Poacher, Navigator, FPH & Scenery support on Bottox Discord.
How to reopen the Follow Me GUI if I accidentally closed it? I'm currently reloading the LUA to force showing the GUI.

By any chance, is there a "mini button" option like ACR? I'm using the 32 bit, and do not see "FollowMe" under the LUA Modules Menu.
(02-15-2017, 10:50 PM)Minionz Wrote:  How to reopen the Follow Me GUI if I accidentally closed it? I'm currently reloading the LUA to force showing the GUI.

By any chance, is there a "mini button" option like ACR? I'm using the 32 bit, and do not see "FollowMe" under the LUA Modules Menu.

You can open the console window, then at the bottom you can enter:

FollowMe.GUI.open = true
I still don't see what the purpose of this mod is vs just using party grind. Attempted to take four bots through ARF and they weren't behaving any smarter than with party grind. They just died to van Hydrus's AOE attacks without attempting to dodge.
(02-20-2017, 12:13 AM)Sabraak Wrote:  I still don't see what the purpose of this mod is vs just using party grind. Attempted to take four bots through ARF and they weren't behaving any smarter than with party grind. They just died to van Hydrus's AOE attacks without attempting to dodge.

This script's sole purpose is to have 1 or more characters follow you around with no regard to the navigation system of the bot, so you can travel through any map even if there is no navmesh.  That's it in a nutshell.  It's not a duty script or gather script or anything else.