Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.36 Average
Don't farm in LCOA anymore ban assured
They know the dungeons are being spammed, private script or not. Just look at usage of WP in the last census. The bigger problem is the 24/7 running. We have all seen the hit it is having on the duty servers - 3+ minute queue times are not normal and it WILL gain attention.

No easy solution tho. Private scripts will still get hit, maybe just slower. We have just been lucky that SE has been so lax in enforcement. Removing a few mobs in wp and implementing aethereal interferance were band-aids thus far, but it looks like they are ready to come after us now, or at least give the semblance of it.

What we need to do is spread out the farming. Make scripts for all dungeons, even if they dont net you that almighty max gph. Spread the load around.

Is it too late? Who knows. Let's see what happens moving forward.

If you are in it for the gil, a few bans dont matter tho, it should be factored into your costs.
Hmm. By the time I get my 50's I'm hoping that they've wore themselves out from all that hammerin. (I just started recently from scratch so maxxing out all classes will take a while)
i know people that got banned in turn 2 and in WP its not just lcoa it was a manual sweep of the duities then investigation into those accounts afterwards. the bans are so random you cant just say its lcoa.
So I think i'll stop botting in dunjeons, will just craft craft!
1.0 ffxiv was a total flop. SE wasnt doing to hot at the time of ARR launch. This mmo has become the most profitable mmo since WoW I believe. Hopefully these bans are a temporary thing, however they may just be able to afford to resources to combat it. With an expansion around the corner there is a little more incentive to try and shut us down.

also as jackie said they are kind of random. but nobody has been banned doing 8man instances so far have they? one guy said turn 7 farm on the ban page, its likely he was doing something before / after that
There are 2 easy indicators that you're botting:
-You skip necessary pulls to access areas
-You complete it faster than a normal max item level party speedrunning it efficiently would

Either add pulls to do the dungeon "legit" (while still teleporting) or slow down the rate you clear them or change dungeon every few hours.
Go to bed with one dungeon, wake up change to another dungeon, come back from work, change...

etc
im pretty sure SE's fiscal year ends in march, perhaps they are trying to boost sales since they know botters will repurchase the game. On the plus side, hopefully price per gil goes up. Also start crafting up those i70 blm weapons $_$
Well when I see 4 or 5 groups of lalafell blackmages all the same look, all the same gear , with variations of keyboard smashing for names , popping in and out of duty while I'm testing stuff on a regular basis, it tells me people are not being too safe about things.
Heres a graph showing average bans per day. Using only the RMT/illicit activity permanent ban data from official website.

[Image: uRrv2JV.png]

This is NOT including bans for RMT advertising
people need to understand its either a MANUAL sweep or an AUTOMATED tool - my guess is MANUAL sweep having played xi for 10 years with bots .. normally they outsource this stuff and they don't like spending cash so its rare that it ever happens ... so its more a case of "wrong place at the wrong time" kind of deal - also SE are notorious for totally random temp/perm bans after investigations

i would say in general farming 24/7 increases risk and looking/acting like your toons are farm mules increases risk