Thread Rating:
  • 45 Vote(s) - 3.24 Average
Gold Saucer!
I didn't expect the gold saucer post to get this popular since it's mainly cosmetic items in there, but as a tip for anyone doing triple triad and wanting to farm MGP (yes it'll be manual, sorry. but you're up against a predictable AI so no problem), Indolent Imperial in the Castrum of Mor Dhona should be a nice way to farm for it with cards that shouldn't be too hard to get (beast tribe cards like ixal, amaljaa, etc) . I believe there should be a guide up in reddit somewhere.
any update on a tripple triad win trade set up?
(03-01-2015, 09:18 PM)Kireien Wrote:  I didn't expect the gold saucer post to get this popular since it's mainly cosmetic items in there, but as a tip for anyone doing triple triad and wanting to farm MGP (yes it'll be manual, sorry. but you're up against a predictable AI so no problem), Indolent Imperial in the Castrum of Mor Dhona should be a nice way to farm for it with cards that shouldn't be too hard to get (beast tribe cards like ixal, amaljaa, etc) . I believe there should be a guide up in reddit somewhere.

I think a lot of people want a bot because currently the only way of farming MGP is mind numbingly boring. Some guy on Reddit got the Gambler's coat but he said he had to sit there and grind Elmer for three days straight.
I agree 100%, it is absolutely mind numbing. A few lucky people won the lottery and got the fenrir.
Actually there is a way to "bot" this even without this bot. My friend suggested it to me since he's the triple triad expert.

Basically what he does is press 0 (confirm) like all the time, which will also play triple triad for you.

So just basically right click and challenge the character once. Keep pressing your equivalent of the 0 button (confirm) and once you're done, the confirm should go for rematch and do it over again. It costs you nothing to play and whoever wins gets 180 and whoever loses gets 30. Both accounts can farm MGP, there is no loss of anything. So it doesn't matter who wins or loses--either way, you get MGP. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

I don't know how easy this would be to add to the current bot, but at the moment you can do this by yourself by just manually challenging once and making a confirm button constantly press macro or something.
(03-02-2015, 05:40 AM)Kireien Wrote:  Actually there is a way to "bot" this even without this bot. My friend suggested it to me since he's the triple triad expert.

Basically what he does is press 0 (confirm) like all the time, which will also play triple triad for you.

I automate chocobo racing in a similar manner using auto hot keys. I sent my friends some looping 10 second double numpad 0 spam scripts to accept queues in my party lol. I get about 1200 mgp / h doing that overnight, more importantly dat choco xp.

-- note : all racers are full msg bones the script. its on a 4 mintues loop lol, during popular times you can go a half hour + without getting into a race (works great overnight)
(03-02-2015, 05:40 AM)Kireien Wrote:  Actually there is a way to "bot" this even without this bot. My friend suggested it to me since he's the triple triad expert.

We found the flaw. Basically setting rules prevents us from doing this.
So if the bot helped with rule setting somehow, yeah the constant 0-confirm loop would work apparently (I'm his testing dummy, we're trying to help out with this, lol).
(03-02-2015, 05:52 AM)Rustyclippers Wrote:  

I automate chocobo racing in a similar manner using auto hot keys. I sent my friends some looping 10 second double numpad 0 spam scripts to accept queues in my party lol. I get about 1200 mgp / h doing that overnight, more importantly dat choco xp.

-- note : all racers are full msg bones the script. its on a 4 mintues loop lol, during popular times you can go a half hour + without getting into a race (works great overnight)

So basically a turbo controller with confirm on auto fire? How very FFIV
Really think if we have a mode that simply uses up stamina and used items when we get them odds are you won't end up last or get reported. Looking forward to this myself as if you really want to breed and how fast chocobo xp goes up it will take a really long time to get one you want at pedigree 9 levels.

(Basically I'm super looking forward to someone getting this working!)
I am waiting for an answer for setDelay so that I can build a module and not need to use a quest profile.

Worst case scenario I will use a quest profile and use map change to indicate race start. I expect a skill manager profile can be used to use abilities.

Will try look tomorrow (Taiwan time)