Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.13 Average
Minion Settings not being saved
i just updated to live version and it indeed does turn back on when switching back to grind mode. But as ace said, if you out level the mob by X amount of levels it will not attempt to avoid the aoe.
(05-13-2015, 12:46 AM)Cichard Wrote:  i just updated to live version and it indeed does turn back on when switching back to grind mode. But as ace said, if you out level the mob by X amount of levels it will not attempt to avoid the aoe.

and for those other times that I have to grind high level mobs?

As of this time, im just trying to make the most out of the bot...

the are days that I will stay in mordona summon my chocobo wear sb items and kill mobs over there, I know there are places more suitable for sb and I do this while I watch Netflix on another screen and wait for my ore minder to tell me a node is open, then I switch to a gatherer when a node is open then back to grinding. If you gonna watch my character avoid aoe from the mobs in mordhona you would find it ridiculous cause it will cancel a long cast just to avoid an aoe and thers a delay for it to continue to attack not mention it may agro another mob on the process of avoiding it. long story short my blm would just endup avoiding more aoe and will just end up using scathe to kill the mob cause other spells would just be interrupted. (maybe you will ask me then why not use a bard? cause bard are bad for sb cause they give chance to give skill speed materia which is worthless in my server)

I believe settings on any software is to give the ability to the user to adjust the program suitable for what they need. (not to what a developer dictate what is good for you). few versions back this setting are saved, then one day it just became that it will be ON always. I tried to live with it for quite sometime but it has become an annoyance specially if you have to do it every 10 minutes.

I don't see any reason for not being able to save this setting. If a user wants to avoid it he sets it to avoid it and be happy.. but if a person don't why not let them keep it that way.
but what i dont understand? if you are fighting high level mobs then you "want" to avoid the aoe. Less down time in the long run "resting" if you are farming lower level mobs then the bot knows you out level the mob and wont avoid aoe. I dont see the issue. But this has be disscussed enough and answered by the devs.
My 2 cents worth, maybe all can be happy.

Add another checkbox "Auto Enable Avoid AOE".

Turn that on and when mode switches to DOW/M Avoid AOE turns on.

Turn it off and Avoid AOE stays just the way you set it until you decide to change it.

That doesn't sound too difficult, does it? And everyone can have Avoid AOE do what they want it to do.

Regards,

Tadeus
(05-13-2015, 01:37 PM)Cichard Wrote:  but what i dont understand? if you are fighting high level mobs then you "want" to avoid the aoe. Less down time in the long run "resting" if you are farming lower level mobs then the bot knows you out level the mob and wont avoid aoe. I dont see the issue. But this has be disscussed enough and answered by the devs.

NO I don't want to avoid aoe even with high level mobs cause they don't hurt me, avoiding them will only cancel a long cast that should have killed them.

(05-13-2015, 09:49 PM)tadeus Wrote:  My 2 cents worth, maybe all can be happy.

Turn it off and Avoid AOE stays just the way you set it until you decide to change it.

That doesn't sound too difficult, does it? And everyone can have Avoid AOE do what they want it to do.

Regards,

Tadeus

thanks
(05-14-2015, 02:55 AM)nesha Wrote:  
(05-13-2015, 01:37 PM)Cichard Wrote:  but what i dont understand? if you are fighting high level mobs then you "want" to avoid the aoe. Less down time in the long run "resting" if you are farming lower level mobs then the bot knows you out level the mob and wont avoid aoe. I dont see the issue. But this has be disscussed enough and answered by the devs.

NO I don't want to avoid aoe even with high level mobs cause they don't hurt me, avoiding them will only cancel a long cast that should have killed them.

Regards,

Tadeus

thanks

and what save a whole 2 seconds!!!!! le sigh the 1%ers

saving 2 seconds isnt that big a deal, furthermore you can set your profile to use scathe when they are low HP then you dont have to worry about your "long" cast.
(05-14-2015, 03:18 AM)Cichard Wrote:  
(05-14-2015, 02:55 AM)nesha Wrote:  

Regards,

Tadeus

thanks

and what save a whole 2 seconds!!!!! le sigh the 1%ers

saving 2 seconds isnt that big a deal, furthermore you can set your profile to use scathe when they are low HP then you dont have to worry about your "long" cast.

its not really just saving 2 seconds when you have to do it repetitively.

oh god... can you honestly tell me that you have used a BLM for any of grinding with avoid AOE on? With BLM's big damage a fire 1 with 3 stack of fire would have killed it on 1 hit, which a scathe would not be able to.

and PLUS why cant we have the liberty of this option and not be dictated that we need it... IT IS A SETTING AFTER ALL WHY DO I HAVE TO REDO THEM EVERYTIME....

I did a forum search

http://www.mmominion.com/search.php?acti...order=desc

nobody ever suggested that it avoid aoe should be an auto turn on feature.. if anything people are complaining on how dumb the bot avoids the aoe. I know the developer put a lot of effort on to this and thank you for that but please don't force us to use it.. give us the liberty to be able to SET it off.
and look at those dates thats when there was some bugs with avoid aoe, all that has been fixed, one was talking about hit box size, not getting out of the aoe, which was fixed. the next ones where complaining that avoid aoe wasnt working, to me thats not helping your cause these are threads wanting avoid aoe on and its not working at the time of the post....

so none of those threads help your cause. You can turn it off. if you choose to do so. Ace has already commented on this, your question has been asked and answer thats enough on the subject. hes not gonna rewrite the functionality for 1 person, if you want the changed he explained you can change the lua code for it, or tick it off when you dont want to use it.

And yes i have done some grinding as BLM, and its the worst class to do so, I rather use melee dps or bard, no down time, much better for grinding.
I have written an LUA Mod to turn off Avoid AOE.

It's over here:

http://www.mmominion.com/Thread-Avoid-AOE-Off-LUA-Mod

Regards,

Tadeus