Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bot keeps crashing
(05-05-2015, 03:13 PM)Cichard Wrote:  are you running more then one account?

yes. but even if i only log in on 1 account, it still crashes.
bot still crashes for me, it closes at exactly 3 mins. i've read in another thread that this has something to do with the "frozen time" and im just wondering, is it ok to change this time to a higher value so that it wont close? i haven't been able to use the bot for the whole day because of this problem.
It really seems like an issue that occurs when people use stuff like WTFast, PingZapper, VPNs, or theirs some AV product blocking the UDP port it uses for internal communication.
dont use any of those programs and have tried it with AV turned off but still the same. i don't think my comp has anything to do with it since it was working a few days ago.
av off doesnt mean anything, it needs to be uninstalled
(05-06-2015, 01:05 AM)Cichard Wrote:  av off doesnt mean anything, it needs to be uninstalled

uninstalled AV and tried it but still the same
(05-06-2015, 12:17 PM)fxfire Wrote:  if it closes the game exactly 3-5minutes after you started it, then your computer/game/bot was not able to authenticate aka send and receive a signal to and from our authentication server. This is usually the case when you are behind some weirdo / not proper setup proxies / VPN / shitty internet connection or have some really hardcore wannabekeepyousafe firewall/antivirus installed.

In order to not have each time such a thread about AV stuff, we therefore explain in the install guide to only use MSE for Windows 7 and the default defender antivirus for windows 8. Everything else is out of our control.

What you said makes sense, but what doesn't make sense is that it seems this issue only comes up when starting the bot from the launcher (hitting the 'Start' button). If you start the game yourself and then hit the "Attach Bot" button and supply the process it works just fine. From my understanding both ways need authentication and will ask for it accordingly. But what doesn't make sense is that one way will authenticate (if that is the issue) and the other will not. What really doesn't make sense is that I haven't had any issues at all with how my stuff is setup until the patch the other day. I was running it for a solid week without issues. I have been posting on here about the same issue these other people have been having but I keep getting told its basically my fault that it doesn't work. I'm in the same boat as the other people; I don't have a crappy internet connection, I closed/uninstalled all conflicting apps, I reinstalled/downloaded the bot again and still the same issue. But like I said, I can run the bot just fine by attaching it to a pid, but I cannot get the bot to get passed the 'frozen time hit' error when starting from the launcher. It seems weird that one way works, but not the other yet my (our) systems aren't configured correctly
The "frozen time" and some other checks are not performed when attaching manually. Attaching manually basically removes all of the launcher's client handling procedures, including crashes, detecting frozen state (frozen time). Not saying it's definitely something you're doing wrong, but history has proven that whenever people have these issues and tell us they have closed/uninstalled conflicting apps, they have historically been flat out lying or misrepresenting the situation.

The next step would be for one of us to inspect the machine on Teamviewer to verify the situation, and look for other unknown/unaccounted factors that may not have been said.

Follow-up Questions:
1) Is this a residential internet connection?
2) What type of hardware firewall/router?
3) Any software firewall (including Windows Firewall)?
4) Any antivirus installed (installed, regardless of running/disabled status)?
if you have something on your pc blocking UDP packets the bot wont be able to report back to the launcher, so the launcher assumes the bot never started properly and the frozen time counter hits. So make sure you don't have a firewall blocking local UDP traffic.
Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
(05-06-2015, 02:40 PM)Ace Wrote:  The "frozen time" and some other checks are not performed when attaching manually. Attaching manually basically removes all of the launcher's client handling procedures, including crashes, detecting frozen state (frozen time). Not saying it's definitely something you're doing wrong, but history has proven that whenever people have these issues and tell us they have closed/uninstalled conflicting apps, they have historically been flat out lying or misrepresenting the situation.

The next step would be for one of us to inspect the machine on Teamviewer to verify the situation, and look for other unknown/unaccounted factors that may not have been said.

Follow-up Questions:
1) Is this a residential internet connection?
2) What type of hardware firewall/router?
3) Any software firewall (including Windows Firewall)?
4) Any antivirus installed (installed, regardless of running/disabled status)?

1) Yes, 300+ Mbs download / 20+ Mbs upload
2) I use an Asus RT-AC68U with hardware firewall turned off
3) I use Webroot SecureAnywhere in addition to the default Windows Defender
4) Antivirus is included in Webroot

I have tried all the suggestions: turned off all firewalls and antiviruses, I closed every application that was running that wasn't the launcher, redownloaded the bot, etc.

I will note that I have previously restarted my PC (I don't usually do so which is why I thought it was strange that somehow my PC decided to not let the launcher work) and that still did not work.

I will say that some messing around (mostly just closing the launcher and reopening) I have gotten it to work a few times. It seems to not want to work when the 'Init' state is still active when the timer counts to the 'frozen time' limit. If it hits that threshold, it kills and restarts. But, if the bot status is running before the frozen time is hit then its ok. I'm not sure what determines what makes it hang in the init state, but that is more info I can give you. Also, still haven't changed my environment from before and it was working, just not when stuck on the init step