Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.13 Average
New Bard Rotation! Huge DPS Gain!
Theres Lots of debate on whether or not to use WM. And the answer is hell no. Except in 1 brief situation.
Empyreal Arrow @ 60 does 1500-2k no crit. thats why u just use it with barrage for a quick 5k dmg, and reset ur DoTs, sidewinder, and pop out. i think an extra 5-8k dmg will justify 3 seconds of casting, especially since it resets ur dots saving u 3-6 seconds and popping out of it is instant.. now the problem is timing this shit with ur buffs + barrage is like impossible especially tyring to mash over assist mode. now if i can get the bot to pop out of WM, and automate all this we're talking about a decent DPS gain. I think +50-100 depending on length of total fight and more factors.Anyway Here it is:

StraightShot>Bloodletter>Dot>Dot>BloodBath>Hawk's Eye>Barrage>Raging Strikes>Internal Release>WM>Empyreal Arrow>Sidewinder>Bloodletter>Straight Shot>Iron jaws(reset dot)>WM(Out)>HEavy>Heavy>Heavy>
tell me thats not mega boss, I have also tested this. i even have the profile done its just messing up on WM out.

i wate 3 sec casting WM and save 2.4 sec casting a 100dmg skill (windbite)
time wasted: 0.6sec / dmg extra:5-10k+ (5k emp) (2k+ sidewinder)
also heres a pare in ravana with 2 bards one using WM most the time the other is me not using it AT ALL:
me: 497
Bard2: 167

i swear im not lieing

Side Note: I have been working on sweet bard profile for Lv60 Bard, with the New WM skills on filter. All i need is help coming out of wanderer's Minuet, and ill release so we dont have to ignore our new skills anymore.
Compare a player used to his class to a bloody noob. Probably also fell down, lol.
I've seen Bards doing more than 600 DPS easily on recent content, and they are using WM, so this is debateable.

As for your question: I dont have BRD leveled, but try to use this.

if buff ID=WM
after skill = jaws
use WM
set like 20 Seconds on this (Secs since last cast) so it wont spam
Well....you're wrong, Bindles.

You should parse yourself vs yourself....

WM is great if you can stay planted, once you get into 'real' content and you have to dodge it is a significant loss due to lost casts.

I'd suggest starting with WM up and then dropping it the instatn you need to move...

I've got some spreadsheets that basically show approximately 30 potency per second increase based on optimal timing and clipping etc.
In WM i can parse well over 750 dps on a dummy planted to the ground.

out of WM i do roughtly 640.

Switching INTO WM with the sole purpose of using a triple emperyal arrow and iron jaws is silly, too much loss of auto attacks to make up for the increase in potency...(i have endless spreadsheets of datasupporting this, basically unless you're goig to be in WM for 90 seconds (two barrage/EA) with absolutely no movement its not worth it. To this day theres no fight where you can just plant THAT long.

the only time you should switch is during transitions when there are no targets available....if you have to cancel even ONE cast in WM there is no point in having it up.

My advice is an opener with WM and drop it the second you have to move and only put up when boss is untargetable for more than 4 seconds to allow for proper positioning and casting.
(06-24-2015, 05:36 AM)AzRed Wrote:  Well....you're wrong, Bindles.

You should parse yourself vs yourself....

WM is great if you can stay planted, once you get into 'real' content and you have to dodge it is a significant loss due to lost casts.

I'd suggest starting with WM up and then dropping it the instatn you need to move...

I've got some spreadsheets that basically show approximately 30 potency per second increase based on optimal timing and clipping etc.
In WM i can parse well over 750 dps on a dummy planted to the ground.

out of WM i do roughtly 640.

Switching INTO WM with the sole purpose of using a triple emperyal arrow and iron jaws is silly, too much loss of auto attacks to make up for the increase in potency...(i have endless spreadsheets of datasupporting this, basically unless you're goig to be in WM for 90 seconds (two barrage/EA) with absolutely no movement its not worth it. To this day theres no fight where you can just plant THAT long.

the only time you should switch is during transitions when there are no targets available....if you have to cancel even ONE cast in WM there is no point in having it up.

My advice is an opener with WM and drop it the second you have to move and only put up when boss is untargetable for more than 4 seconds to allow for proper positioning and casting.

Can you share some of your in game macros?
I've never used a macro
im not neccisarily wrong plus are you testing on dummy ur gona lose damage in ravana or t13 in wm full time, u test vs yourself. and done forget sidwinder. how is 3sec off casting gonna negate all that dmg and dot reset?

also nobody has a profile that automates the rotation im planning yet so how can anyone have tested it. when i try do it manually its way to much stuff at least for me it messes me up or slows me down. but executed in perfection everytime (bot) i cant see it losing dps in comparison to no WM whatsoever. its only taking away 3seconds.... for 5k 3k and dot reset

i mean, can we at least give it a try?
So you clearly read the first two sentences. Try reading again.
im not here to argue im hre to work together to make ideal profiles. Also, this profile im trying to make is meant for afking. u really gonna afk bot in WM?