Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
paranoid mode
How would I go about adding to distance and number of objects it checks before teleporting?
you would have to modify some lua profiles, what exactly are you wanting to do? righ tnow it checks with in minimap range before tping away.
Well I understand it checks for 50 objects in a 30 yalm radius. Although this may be fine, I sort of want a super-paranoid mode that might check for say ~250 objects in a 35 yalm radius. I would suspect my system could handle checking many more objects (4.5 ghz haswell quad-core), at the tradeoff of having to perform more calculations but achieving more safety.
why would you want to check for more then 1 object? if there is 1 player within range it wont TP, and I think its much farther then just 30y thats the cast range of a BLM.
If it checks 50 objects but objects 0-50 are non-player objects, and does not check object 51+. If objects 51+ are players, well paranoid mode failed because it just tp'd thinking there were no players. Since it is likely an INT number can we just increase it to 254/255? Chicard if you can find the lua file it's in, I will track it down and test it myself happily...

big big thanks for the replies my friend.

It is likely the case that 99% of the time 50 is fine, and doubling it would only raise it by 0.9% in terms of reliability. I just want to make sure anyone reading this understands this bot is nothing short of awesome.

I just want to tweak it a bit, as I have heard of bans for teleporting... yet the time it can save us is amazing.

Feel free to lock/close/delete this thread and advise me by PM.

I suspect the # of objects and distance are coded as they are to maximize efficiency. I don't mind if my cpu does 5x the work before every tp if that might prevent a ban. :)
The number of objects plays no part in the search. It scans for specifically player objects within a distance of 50.

The function is tied to ShouldTeleport() which is in ffxiv_helpers.lua.