Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
bot crashing
I was running FATEs in Northern Thanalan before I went to work this morning.

FFXIV patched today.

When I got home I started up FFXIV, then ran the GUI and let it update minion files.

Did attach and after a few seconds the minion menu bar at the top of FFXIV appeared then immediately disappeared.

I teleported to FC home and FFXIV crashed.

Tried it again, same thing happened, crash on changing zone after attempting to attach.

Next, I downloaded MINIONAPP (unzipped in new empty folder: C:\Games\FFXIV\MINIONAPP), did update, filled out all the settings. Let it install the FFXIVMINION bot.

Now, the bot does not attach at all, says "waiting for bot to attach" and does nothing else.

FFXIV does not crash on zoning anymore either.

I uninstalled AMD Catylist and all related AMD software as I no longer have AMD video cards.

I stopped and disabled the TeamViewer service.

I use TeamSpeak, but I don't have OverWolf installed.

I've been using the bot, without any issues, with TeamViewer and TeamSpeak.

Rebooted my computer.

Launched FFXIV.

Launched MINIONAPP.

Attached, saw some strange black pattern on the FFXIV window for about 10 seconds, then Minion Menu appeared.

Seems one of the things I did solved the issue.

What OS are you running?
Windows 7 x64

What AV is installed?(Antivirus)
None

Where is the bot installed?(installed path)
C:\Games\FFXIV\MINIONAPP

Do you have any Anti-Malware installed?
No

Do you have Mumble, TeamSpeak, Fraps, any other recording software, Nvida Gamers Experience, Raptr, Catylist Control Center, TeamViewer installed?
Uninstalled Catylist.
TeamViewer, but service is now disabled.
TeamSpeak installed, but not OverWolf.

Did you follow the install instructions found HERE
Yes

Are you running the bot as admin?
Yes

Are you using the attach button or having minionapp launch the client?
Attach Button

Are you running any Bot addons?
No
(07-07-2015, 05:26 PM)tadeus Wrote:  I was running FATEs in Northern Thanalan before I went to work this morning.

FFXIV patched today.

When I got home I started up FFXIV, then ran the GUI and let it update minion files.

Did attach and after a few seconds the minion menu bar at the top of FFXIV appeared then immediately disappeared.

I teleported to FC home and FFXIV crashed.

Tried it again, same thing happened, crash on changing zone after attempting to attach.

Next, I downloaded MINIONAPP (unzipped in new empty folder: C:\Games\FFXIV\MINIONAPP), did update, filled out all the settings. Let it install the FFXIVMINION bot.

Now, the bot does not attach at all, says "waiting for bot to attach" and does nothing else.

FFXIV does not crash on zoning anymore either.

I uninstalled AMD Catylist and all related AMD software as I no longer have AMD video cards.

I stopped and disabled the TeamViewer service.

I use TeamSpeak, but I don't have OverWolf installed.

I've been using the bot, without any issues, with TeamViewer and TeamSpeak.

Rebooted my computer.

Launched FFXIV.

Launched MINIONAPP.

Attached, saw some strange black pattern on the FFXIV window for about 10 seconds, then Minion Menu appeared.

Seems one of the things I did solved the issue.

What OS are you running?
Windows 7 x64

What AV is installed?(Antivirus)
None

Where is the bot installed?(installed path)
C:\Games\FFXIV\MINIONAPP

Do you have any Anti-Malware installed?
No

Do you have Mumble, TeamSpeak, Fraps, any other recording software, Nvida Gamers Experience, Raptr, Catylist Control Center, TeamViewer installed?
Uninstalled Catylist.
TeamViewer, but service is now disabled.
TeamSpeak installed, but not OverWolf.

Did you follow the install instructions found HERE
Yes

Are you running the bot as admin?
Yes

Are you using the attach button or having minionapp launch the client?
Attach Button

Are you running any Bot addons?
No

you obviously didnt follow the instractuctions found here you are to install the bot in root C:\MinionAPP

make sure you are fully in game before you try to attach the bot to the PID

the GUI launcher is no longer supported you must use hte minionAPP
I'm installing now. Hopefully this will work. My characters name has an apostrophe ( ' ) in it. It would not let me create an account with an apostrophe...
(07-07-2015, 05:30 PM)Cichard Wrote:  you obviously didnt follow the instractuctions found here you are to install the bot in root C:\MinionAPP

I got the bot working without doing that, but thanks for trying to help, it shows you really care about your customers.

Peace out.
(07-08-2015, 01:03 AM)tadeus Wrote:  
(07-07-2015, 05:30 PM)Cichard Wrote:  you obviously didnt follow the instractuctions found here you are to install the bot in root C:\MinionAPP

I got the bot working without doing that, but thanks for trying to help, it shows you really care about your customers.

Peace out.

there are many many things that can lead to issues with the bot, we set up a fairly easy to follow set up guide that needs to be followed exactly, because we have experience in the many things that cause problems with the bot. skipping a step or doing something different may not cause problems now, but you never know when it may, its part of the setup guide for a reason cause at some point it caused an issue with some person.
(07-07-2015, 05:45 PM)fxfire Wrote:  also windows 7 -> install MSE ...like the install guide in the wiki sais http://wiki.mmominion.com/doku.php?id=installation

It works fine without it. Thanks for the help, though.

Peace out.
I'm having the same issue. Bot attaches and then immediately crashes.

* What OS are you running?
Windows 8.1
* What AV is installed?(Antivirus)
None
* Where is the bot installed?(installed path).
C:\MinionApp
* Do you have any Anti-Malware installed?
None
* do you have Mumble, Teamspeak, Fraps, any other recording software, Nvida Gamers Experience, Raptr, Caytalist Control Center, Teamviwer installed?
No
* Did you follow the install instructions found HERE
Yes
* Are you running the bot as admin?
Yes
* Are you using the attach button or having minionapp launch the client?
Attach button
*Are you running any Bot addons?
No
(07-07-2015, 10:50 PM)drew11798 Wrote:  I'm installing now. Hopefully this will work. My characters name has an apostrophe ( ' ) in it. It would not let me create an account with an apostrophe...

Not sure if this is the issue with apostrophes, but I am a DBA and I know that when passing fields via SQL without checking for apostrophes can cause problems. This might be overkill but I'll give an SQL example using a name with an apostrophe, say "Jack'n Diane" and how it can be corrected:

UPDATE [Table]
SET [Column] = 'Something'
WHERE [User Name] = 'Jack'n Diane'

This will error out, because the apostrophe in the name terminates the string 'Jack' then there's rubbish that follows. The fix is to double the apostrophe in the name, like so:

UPDATE [Table]
SET [Column] = 'Something'
WHERE [User Name] = 'Jack''n Diane'

The double apostrophe makes the Database Engine treat it as an embedded apostrophe. So it will read as Jack'n Diane.

Like I said though, this could be a completely different issue, as I have no insight into the server side of Minion.
had been working great today .. now just keep on crashing (bot and client) as soon as I attach it.

* What OS are you running?
Windows 7
* What AV is installed?(Antivirus)
None
C:\MinionApp
None
* do you have Mumble, Teamspeak, Fraps, any other recording software, Nvida Gamers Experience, Raptr, Caytalist Control Center, Teamviwer installed?
Yes, Mumble. No I dont have Mumble overlay.
Yes
Yes
Attach button
No
after 3.01 update whenever I attach bot the client keep crashing

C:\minion
None
Yes, Teamviewer
Yes
Yes
Attach button
No