Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
how to tank dungeons with minion?
I created a marauder and about to do the first dungeon. After putting it in assist mode, what do you have to do? Do I just manually select targets and it will aggro each of them? I guess what i'm asking is whats the proper way to tank using minion. I want to level a WAR to 50 but I'm concerned about the 10+ dungeons i will need to tank along the way. Or do you guys usually manually tank the dungeons? Thanks in advance!
In assist mode: you walk. skillmanager do skills. that's all.
sounds easy :) do you manually target mobs along the way or do you set it to 'nearest' or something? my main concerns are:

1. pulling stuff that I shouldn't be pulling, or when the party isn't ready. (I can see Brayflox or Arum Vale or SV getting nasty)
2. not holding aggro, especially on adds

do you need to cycle the targets to hold aggro or can i just target one and it will do it's thing?
You do ALL job except using skills.
ok that's what i thought. Guess I better train in gildhests first :)
(08-05-2015, 01:59 PM)jetlith Wrote:  sounds easy :) do you manually target mobs along the way or do you set it to 'nearest' or something? my main concerns are:

1. pulling stuff that I shouldn't be pulling, or when the party isn't ready. (I can see Brayflox or Arum Vale or SV getting nasty)
2. not holding aggro, especially on adds

do you need to cycle the targets to hold aggro or can i just target one and it will do it's thing?

I'm using Silence DRK profile and cleared Alex 1-4 with it.
You should always cycle through mobs (if you pulled a group) to ensure that the Enmity (aggro) is always up on every single mob.
If the profile you are using has AoE and Single Target Rotations on seperate Filters you may have to switch between them for trash mobs and boss fights.
Other than that .. manually Provoking is always needed
thanks pocketdps! I really appreciate it.
You can set provoke to untanked target. But not perfect in dual tank situations and should be disabled in 8 mans
ah in the skill manager, got it. Thanks Sebbs!
nvm, ignore this post