Thread Rating:
  • 30 Vote(s) - 3.3 Average
EasyDragoon Profile w/ Ace's Positional Assister *UPDATED* 20-Mar-2016
also just fyi all addons should go in the luamods folder like

Bots\FFXIVMinion\LuaMods\"NameofModFolder" not in the ffxivminion folder. this may cause issues later on.
I updated the skill profile for levels 49 and below

Code:
23/9/2105 3.01
-Fixed logic for combo chains below level 50
-Levels 8-25 will use Impulse Drive as main skill
-Levels 26-37 will use TT-VT-FT as main combo chain
-Levels 38-49 will use TT-VT-FT as main combo chain with ID-Disembowel when needed to keep piercing debuff up
-Levels 50+ will use the Level 60 rotation
-Assister unchanged and probably still not compatible below Level 60

The reason why I don't feel like updating the assister for lower levels is because for levels 1-49, your only positional is Heavy Thrust (Flank). At 50, the assister "should" be compatible but I haven't tested it yet.
(09-24-2015, 02:01 AM)hxx112 Wrote:  I updated the skill profile for levels 49 and below

Code:
23/9/2105 3.01
-Fixed logic for combo chains below level 50
-Levels 8-25 will use Impulse Drive as main skill
-Levels 26-37 will use TT-VT-FT as main combo chain
-Levels 38-49 will use TT-VT-FT as main combo chain with ID-Disembowel when needed to keep piercing debuff up
-Levels 50+ will use the Level 60 rotation
-Assister unchanged and probably still not compatible below Level 60

The reason why I don't feel like updating the assister for lower levels is because for levels 1-49, your only positional is Heavy Thrust (Flank). At 50, the assister "should" be compatible but I haven't tested it yet.

Have been using it at 50 and the assister for sure works with both positionals. Thanks again for the profile!
Would there be any way for a HP check on Phlebomotize to have it not being used when the target is almost dead? I saw that usage in other profiles. Makes you look very bot like when the last action on the mob is refreshing a dot.

Also how can I edit the filter 1 to inclusd Internal Releases? It's often being used when I don't want to, for example shortly before bosses go invincible etc.

Using it even when Filter 1 is off would be no harm for me, but it's often wasted by the autouse.

Thanks!
I'd love to get some help optimizing this dragoon profile too - I definitely love it and have great respects for its creator, but it kinda worries me that a lot of people often reference to their own "extra super secret tweaked WOOOOW"-version of these almost divine builds and rotations - so what exactly is the deal about that?

Any advice or reference about further "professional" guides or perfect routines or even simply websites and message boards where we "amateurs" can find some guesses and tricks to improve this profile to "our" or the "optimal" style?

I really love playing my DRG as my main job and I definitely read guides and care about them, but without any hints and with people just making their "secrets" about everything ... well... I find kinda left alone... Expect

Any help will be appreciated!
(11-08-2015, 10:21 PM)Waldstein Wrote:  Would there be any way for a HP check on Phlebomotize to have it not being used when the target is almost dead? I saw that usage in other profiles. Makes you look very bot like when the last action on the mob is refreshing a dot.

Also how can I edit the filter 1 to inclusd Internal Releases? It's often being used when I don't want to, for example shortly before bosses go invincible etc.

Using it even when Filter 1 is off would be no harm for me, but it's often wasted by the autouse.

Thanks!

When 3.1 Servers come up and the bot is updated, i'll edit the skill manager profile and assister to have a HP check for Phleb. The internal release is an easy fix and i'll add it to the buff filter. As for the HP check, what is a desirable HP amount to stop using Phleb? When the mob HP is less than 2x your HP? 3x?

(11-09-2015, 08:25 AM)kewne777 Wrote:  I'd love to get some help optimizing this dragoon profile too - I definitely love it and have great respects for its creator, but it kinda worries me that a lot of people often reference to their own "extra super secret tweaked WOOOOW"-version of these almost divine builds and rotations - so what exactly is the deal about that?

Any advice or reference about further "professional" guides or perfect routines or even simply websites and message boards where we "amateurs" can find some guesses and tricks to improve this profile to "our" or the "optimal" style?

I really love playing my DRG as my main job and I definitely read guides and care about them, but without any hints and with people just making their "secrets" about everything ... well... I find kinda left alone... Expect

One thing that can be added for higher dps is forcing the script to use Geirskogul when BotD is off cooldown. The problem with this is that in most raid encounters, you do not have 100% uptime on the boss due to long phase change animations where they are invulnerable, which leads to long downtime if you reapplied BotD right before the invulnerable phase change/mechanic. IMO the best way to deal with this is to not change anything and have the user manually press their ingame keybind for Geirskogul when they wish to dump their BotD buff.

Another thing that will boost DPS slightly is when to use Geirskogul. If the BotD buff is >21 sec after the 4th combo, it is safe to use Geirskogul without losing BotD. Currently the script uses Geirskogul immediately if BotD is >21 sec. A better DRG will save it for however many seconds before the next 4th combo if he/she knows that it can hit more than 1 target. The problem is that there is no way for the script to know that the boss is going to summon adds or something in a few seconds. One way to deal with this is to only use Geirskogul when there are more than 1 enemy and it's safe to use Geirskogul, the script will use it, otherwise the script will not use it unless it's the oGCD between 3rd and 4th combo to prevent refreshing BotD past 30sec. The new single target rotation will be 1-2-3-Geirskogul-4 instead of 1-2-3-4-Geirskogul.

I've been meaning to add AoE support but lately I've been healing and playing BLM a lot so I haven't gotten to it. I know of the AoE rotation HT -> Ring of Thorns -> Doom Spike Spam until next HT. My only concern is how will this affect BotD and TP consumption. Should the script let BotD fall off and continue AoE? Should it attempt to refresh BotD at <9-10s? Should the script ignore TP and spam AoE until no TP is left? Do you want a filter that activates AoE or an auto AoE detection? I'll take a look into some FFLogs for A2S to see what those DRGs do.

When this bot updates to 3.1, I'll update the script some more.
(11-10-2015, 03:17 AM)hxx112 Wrote:  
(11-08-2015, 10:21 PM)Waldstein Wrote:  Would there be any way for a HP check on Phlebomotize to have it not being used when the target is almost dead? I saw that usage in other profiles. Makes you look very bot like when the last action on the mob is refreshing a dot.

Thanks!

When 3.1 Servers come up and the bot is updated, i'll edit the skill manager profile and assister to have a HP check for Phleb. The internal release is an easy fix and i'll add it to the buff filter. As for the HP check, what is a desirable HP amount to stop using Phleb? When the mob HP is less than 2x your HP? 3x?

(11-09-2015, 08:25 AM)kewne777 Wrote:  I'd love to get some help optimizing this dragoon profile too - I definitely love it and have great respects for its creator, but it kinda worries me that a lot of people often reference to their own "extra super secret tweaked WOOOOW"-version of these almost divine builds and rotations - so what exactly is the deal about that?

One thing that can be added for higher dps is forcing the script to use Geirskogul when BotD is off cooldown. The problem with this is that in most raid encounters, you do not have 100% uptime on the boss due to long phase change animations where they are invulnerable, which leads to long downtime if you reapplied BotD right before the invulnerable phase change/mechanic. IMO the best way to deal with this is to not change anything and have the user manually press their ingame keybind for Geirskogul when they wish to dump their BotD buff.

Another thing that will boost DPS slightly is when to use Geirskogul. If the BotD buff is >21 sec after the 4th combo, it is safe to use Geirskogul without losing BotD. Currently the script uses Geirskogul immediately if BotD is >21 sec. A better DRG will save it for however many seconds before the next 4th combo if he/she knows that it can hit more than 1 target. The problem is that there is no way for the script to know that the boss is going to summon adds or something in a few seconds. One way to deal with this is to only use Geirskogul when there are more than 1 enemy and it's safe to use Geirskogul, the script will use it, otherwise the script will not use it unless it's the oGCD between 3rd and 4th combo to prevent refreshing BotD past 30sec. The new single target rotation will be 1-2-3-Geirskogul-4 instead of 1-2-3-4-Geirskogul.

I've been meaning to add AoE support but lately I've been healing and playing BLM a lot so I haven't gotten to it. I know of the AoE rotation HT -> Ring of Thorns -> Doom Spike Spam until next HT. My only concern is how will this affect BotD and TP consumption. Should the script let BotD fall off and continue AoE? Should it attempt to refresh BotD at <9-10s? Should the script ignore TP and spam AoE until no TP is left? Do you want a filter that activates AoE or an auto AoE detection? I'll take a look into some FFLogs for A2S to see what those DRGs do.

When this bot updates to 3.1, I'll update the script some more. It's about time I start playing my DRG again.

Thank you for the quick response!

I'm not really sure if automated AoE is a good idea with no option to turn it off (See Faust fight, people will see you are a bot or some idiot if you spam AoE for no reason). All filters are currently in use so the only way would be to get rid of Filter 5 and have BL be used by the user. It's only one button every 3 minutes I guess. Maybe making multiple versions would be an option. (Edit: This will probably not work with the new opener I suggest later so getting rid of a BL Filter is probably a bad idea.)

One addition could be having it use HT -> Ring of Thorns when there are X amounts of target's near you. This seems to be never a waste, except if t's letting BotD fall off. (Edit: But that would then again conflict with Faust if it's not a Filter. Having only 5 Filters really limits the potential of this rotation)

I wanted to give a deep insight into this and even watched some A2S videos of dragoons but I feel like the AoE is to situational to be fully implented with Doom Spike spam. There is no one really spamming AoE it's just some usage There a many factors that can't be seen by the rotation like:

- BRD giving TP, NIN giving TP (Running out of TP is really a issue so some fix could be have it only spam Doom Spike AoE until X amount of TP is remaining)
- Will there be a single target big mob soon so should it keep but BotD of let it fall off for another Geirskogul? (Fix could be while in AoE mode BotD can only be triggered by the user, or filter 4, and the script will react to it by trying to keep it up)
- Will there be a downtime after killing the mobs so you can refresh your TP

Now for the Geirskogul change. I agree with it not being changed so it uses an extra Geirskogul and then refreshed BotD. In Neverreap, most of Alexander, Ravanna and some more all bosses got some kind of invincible mechanic. Would just be the same problem as I mentioned with Internal Release.

I would certainly ask you to make the core rotation better before you go for the AoE tho. Because I feel like there is much more potential there.

Please have a watch at this video and the opener https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Ow6an3WzQ

Would be really nice if you could implent this because I think the opener is really lacking right now. Double buffing should be much better now for EU too (if you play there)
Also using Power Surge a bit earlier could increase DPS overall (Not on the opener)

For the HP check I don't really know - sorry. I don't really know the hp values but you should probably calculate the fact, that others do DPS too, in the amount.

Maybe you can postpone the AoE stuff for now and work on the basic rotation. That would be very helpful!
I can't wait guys, good luck!
Code:
11/11/2015 v3.02
-Fixed oGCD timers to allow for double oGCDs
-Saves Geirskogul for 2 or more frontal targets unless the next GCD skill is 4th combo with BotD >15s
-Added Internal Release and BotD to Filter 1
-Filter 4 is now Smart AoE
-Smart AoE will weave Ring of Thorns/Doom Spikes into your single target rotation while making sure BotD doesn't fall off
-Smart AoE will only use AoE if there are 3+ mobs in front of you (Doom Spike) or 3+ mobs around you after HT (Ring of Thorns) and BotD > 12s
-Assister has NOT been updated to show Doom Spike and Ring of Thorns

I'll add Phleb HP detection after I figure out how to get it work. I only tested it once in a dungeon so let me know if the script breaks.

Edit: I just realized I forgot to add in Smart AoE settings for when you don't have BotD and it's also on cooldown. I'll add it in later after I figure out what the best way to do that is since it will drain TP quite fast without a TP check in place.
Thank you.

I feel like this is already a huge improvement. But it didn't use Geirskogul for me at all (played around with the filters)

Maybe the new minion version has just some bugs, no idea if it's a problem with the script.

I used it manually and I saw a huge dps improvement from last version.

I will test the automatic AoE later.