Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.58 Average
Gather Mode - Profile Support/GUI Changes
(10-08-2015, 02:09 PM)Ace Wrote:  It could come eventually, but I won't promise any kind of "soon" or such. Have several projects in the pipeline and they all have higher precedence than profile building.

Happy Huzzah, hope~! If there's anything I am, it's patient.

I've been trying to make heads or tails of the new text method. I'll admit that I was one of the people completely lost after the gathering update (I craft a lot, so in turn, I have to gather a lot). I spent an embarassing amount of time on trying to learn it since a couple hours invested in would equal my life being easier once it's done, but I haven't really made much progress even after watching Sebbs video.

It's definitely harder to pick up if you have no experience with this kinda thing.

Speaking for myself, I like to be as independent as possible and trouble as little to no people regarding Minion (I'm sure you already have a lot on your plate).
The new text based method would make a lot of people dependent on those that put out profiles. Also, those profiles are probably very cookie cutter or fit best for whoever made it, so tweaking would have to be done. Those inexperienced that do try to tweak to fit their needs could (and probably will, like I did) snafu it up.

I'll admit Ace, I was spoiled by your unspoiled gathering addition when you added it, Cutesmile
but I've been using Minion early on when that wasn't a thing, so I can just go back to normal not-afk gathering.
Of course I'm still gonna try my damndest to make my life easier and try to wrap my brain around the text-based method even if it all looks like a foreign language right now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gather Mode - Profile Support/GUI Changes - by Kireien - 10-09-2015, 12:34 PM