Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Sean's Dark Knight Profile (Updated 07/11/2017)
I have a hard time telling if this is working better or worse then the default DK skill profile; but I'm new at the game and cant tell at the moment. My DK dies less with default skill profile on, but this one uses some more skills. x.x thx for the profile, I'll keep testing.
I love this profile. Its for sure better then default profile. Maybe not for -50 below levels cos for 4man duty dungeons but for 60 this profile is cool. about to poke sean and ask if he could possible update to squeeze more dps!
dps on this profiles sick already - maybe you're in grit to much or under geared?
Whats the usual drk dps for a5-8savage? i dont know understand how some tanks can maintain the so 1k+ dps. unless their talking about their openers yeah 1.5kish but average 700ish as OT for raids. Would appreciate if you could help me understand how to improve dps. Our raid comp is pld drk whm ast blm brd drg mnk. Since we have a mnk. I tried taking of delirium of the skill manage but doing that makes profile get stuck in rotation for a few. What sort of things you do mutantx?
in expert runs i pull an easy 950+ for the total run and on a dummy i do 200ish less sustained damage than the triple cleave war profile (both same ilevel). As good as they are the real hold back on tank profiles right now is unless you somehow set custom loops they go through "full" rotations so you cant lock in to periods of threat build or pure dps bar dropping tank stance.
Ok. I asked because i have only experienced clearing A5-6S and i hear some times ppl talking about how some tanks can pull 1k - 1.3k+ dps for alex savage and i see myself as ilv238 and doing 700ish. Thought maybe there was some better rotation and a way not to use delirium since we got a mnk and profile still uses it with dragonkick being active. AND i dont knwo how to set up anything under the skill manager options so i tried the noob way of taking delirum off but doing that makes rotation get stuck for a few secs. maybes cos they use pots and i havent tried
(07-09-2016, 02:55 PM)jony_stunner Wrote:  Whats the usual drk dps for a5-8savage? i dont know understand how some tanks can maintain the so 1k+ dps. unless their talking about their openers yeah 1.5kish but average 700ish as OT for raids. Would appreciate if you could help me understand how to improve dps. Our raid comp is pld drk whm ast blm brd drg mnk. Since we have a mnk. I tried taking of delirium of the skill manage but doing that makes profile get stuck in rotation for a few. What sort of things you do mutantx?

1st issue is your group make-up. You have no slashing debuff (WAR or NIN) so that's going to lower your total DPS output quite a bit. 2nd, you should be out of Grit most of the time. As for Delirium, unless you have enough MP to use DA + SE then Delirium does more damage (higher potency). You'll also need to manipulate the rotations a bit with the filters during specific phases... Another suggestion is checking out "FF Logs" to view other DRKs' rotations and etc for specific fights to get a general idea.
Hi Sean, thanks for the awesome profile,

I was just wondering is there a way to have the targetting assisted also?
Hello ty for profile 
ive a question after try v5.2
its normal my DRK activate and deactivate Dark Arts instantly and every time necessary mana is available (1768)?
This result in a mana suck char and im unable to do anything else with 1k, maybe 1xUnleash  Snicker

For some reason, plunge isn't working as a gap closer, and unmend doesn't appear to be activating. Probably related to the "Previous Combo Skill" part being set to unmend. I don't see how to modify that.