Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 3.27 Average
Sting [Dragoon][Combat Routine]
well rather than saying it doesnt work and not providing any feedback on why maybe you should have posted your opinion on changes rather than just bagging it out.

opinions are welocome as long as they are constructive.

your previous post wasnt.

also spineshatter dive is part of the stunskills list and needs to be set to be used any time  for what your asking.

dragon dive is aoe and you can adjust the mob count down to 1 mob.
(05-22-2016, 12:37 PM)tjalex Wrote:  Really needs work.

- Toggle for Piercing Talon needed
- Geirskogul usage is wrong
- Life surge usage is wrong
- Opener is wrong
- Doesn't use Dragonfire Dive at all

Toggle for piercing is really not needed, since it's protected against breaking the chains, but I can do that.
Geirskogul usage is definitely correct, be more specific.
Life Surge is used before full thrust or before wheeling/fang, again, pretty typical, be more specific.
Opener works flawlessly for me, be more specific.
Dragonfire Dive has a setting to specify if you want to use it on AOE targets or just as low as one.

I'm going to ask this once nicely, that you guys be more constructive with the comments.  If I see anymore of this unsubstantiated nonsense, I'll just refund you and blacklist you from sales of all of my addons.
(05-23-2016, 03:42 PM)Ace Wrote:  
(05-22-2016, 12:37 PM)tjalex Wrote:  Really needs work.

- Toggle for Piercing Talon needed
- Geirskogul usage is wrong
- Life surge usage is wrong
- Opener is wrong
- Doesn't use Dragonfire Dive at all

Toggle for piercing is really not needed, since it's protected against breaking the chains, but I can do that.
Geirskogul usage is definitely correct, be more specific.
Life Surge is used before full thrust or before wheeling/fang, again, pretty typical, be more specific.
Opener works flawlessly for me, be more specific.
Dragonfire Dive has a setting to specify if you want to use it on AOE targets or just as low as one.

I'm going to ask this once nicely, that you guys be more constructive with the comments.  If I see anymore of this unsubstantiated nonsense, I'll just refund you and blacklist you from sales of all of my addons.

You don't have to threaten me I am just trying to help. Re: 1 the reason you want a piercing talon toggle is so you don't use it by clicking on the enemy before the pull...there are also a lot of instances where you know you're going to be TP starved and won't want to use it anyways. It's a lot easier than intentionally not clicking on the boss and just hoping you are in the right position for HT

Re: 2 Geirskogul in your rotation as far as I can tell is just using it if BOTD Time Left > XX which is in the settings, which is not right. You should be saving it if you know a buff is going to come up like B4B or IR, or if multiple mobs are in the LOS of GK and have a certain HP. Also didn't seem to be using it if the BOTD buff was about to wear off and I wasn't going to be able to finish the 4th tier of the combo

Re: 3 Life surge isn't being used properly in the opener, it is going on the first 4th tier move instead of the next full thrust on dummy testing

Re: 4 BL was going off before heavy thrust, it doesn't if i stand next to the dummy and then click on it though

Re: 5 Okay I guess, but I would recommend changing the default ^__^

I have also found a couple instances where power surge is being popped but Jump isn't used within 10s. Also if some damage oGCD was up (like Jump) and B4B / IR was up too, Jump/etc. was being used first and then the buffs after. The buffs should be higher priority because then they can affect the following oGCDs. The good news is your oGCD things are going off as soon as they are up, even before the next gcd if they fit in. That is a big improvement over all the other profiles.
Thanks for the detailed feedback. I'm working to implement most/all of these little tweaks atm, and another couple little helpers.
I'm not the diehard greatest when it comes to picking things apart and knowing what's what. All I can say is, all these ACR profiles are absolutely amazing in my book and look forward to having them all. Keep up the awesome work!
Round 2 of fixes going up tonight (hopefully), more GK improvements (and Smart GK), better CD/Buff weaving, fixed some more timers.
Some settings are removed, based on feedback.
Profile will now obey the "Start Combat" setting for Assist mode.

Smart GK/Spike will auto-face the character to hit maximum targets, and re-face the character (it happens too fast to actually see most of the time).
Smart Mercy looks for nearby targets that can be struck with Mercy Stroke.
Another round of improvements up based on some new testing/requests.
Tweaked AOE and "Smart" options. Hotkeys added for several options. Off GCD usages tweaked somewhat to further lessen any clipping issues.
Hello ace,
I bought your addon today and have to say that I'm already pretty happy with just the basic settings.
However I would like to know how I can open the additional settings shown in the screenshots here: http://wiki.mmominion.com/doku.php?id=Sting
I don't seem to be able to edit the skills at all and was wondering if you could explain to me how to open them.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Nevermind! Got it.
Great work and recent additions to this add on, very pleased with the results so far.

Is there any way that we could get a BotD toggle? It sometimes uses it at inopportune timings, I'd like to have control over when it is used. Even when I untick the CD button, it still seems to pop BotD regardless. Is this intended or am I doing it wrong? Is there a way to toggle BotD usage, or does it need to be added?

Keep up the great work.
I don't know enough about ACR to know if this is possible, but could there be an option added to prevent jumps while you're on an aoe telegraph? It would be insanely useful as I find I have terrible luck about jumps coming off cooldown exactly at the worst time and locking my character in place when an aoe is coming. If you can add this it would make this ACR pretty much godlike...