Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
FFXIVMinion - Fighting the crashes
(06-14-2016, 09:57 PM)puddinpops Wrote:  FFXIV crashes when attempting to attach bot to FFXIV, using DX 9.0c

NA region, specifically US

Areas in game tried:
Aleport
Bronze Lake
Wineport
New Gridania

Upon crash FFXIV will either stop responding, completely close, or display a memory read error that I'm trying to recreate now so I can screenshot.

I have:
Re-installed minion
Re-installed graphics drivers
restarted several times
Followed your instructions from OP
Tried attaching bot to fullscreen, windowed, and borderless windowed
Teleported to a new area before trying to attach
Tried starting minion first then FFXIV (and the reverse)
Tried attaching at character select and start screen
Double-checked minion key and login credentials

My PC Specs:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2GHz - CPU
16GB 4x4 Quad Channel RAM
nVidia Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5
500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

No third party Virus protection or security software is installed

Much obliged

--------------------------------------------

*Update 1: Bot has attached and is working after I changed my login password for here. Which is odd since I know I had it right.

*Update 2: Had to restart FFXIV and minion, problem has returned and the Application Error has returned. I did a memory test and there were no problems detected
[Image: BnM7XNg.png]

I have this memory just this 3.3 patch.
Something broke Minion today. Was using it perfectly fine earlier in the day. Opened it up now and hit update, now Microsoft Security Essentials pops up saying it has cleaned the threat everytime I try to update the app. Also a black CMD box pops up saying error, couldn't update.
I have the same problem, when i try to update, updater console gives me error and essentials detecting trojan !pubas
the same
Mine just keeps giving me the cmd promp Updater.exe. saying it's updating the file, but after waiting for an hour, it's still updating :X

Also, if I try to do it without the minionapp update, it keeps telling me invalid bot or Game folderpaths, set both up correctly! even though both are correct. http://i.imgur.com/e01cROK.png
I replied to a support post. I'll reply in here aswell. I'm having same issues with todays file name "minionlauncher.exe" status "missing" update. It wont let me attach bot to game. I had one running but after having problems attaching 2nd bot this morning. i decided to restart my computer and try again. Now im botless for 2accounts :(
After The update The BOT does not work any more There is No control panel Anymore .... And The app says unknown error during start of the game !

so What should I do now .... plz help
[Image: ffxiv_30072016_225138_zpsqpdtgbb1.png]
Looks like Windows Defender thinks MinionLauncher is a virus

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bot crashes game when attempting to attach. First I have encountered an issue since running it. Though I am a 'newer' user (10 days no problems).

Windows 10
DX9 client
Settings are lowest
I use Avast but never get flags

EDIT TO UPDATE: I uninstalled the client and re-installed and it works fine. I believe what 'broke' it was the most recent update, so I am just not installing said update for now.
(08-01-2016, 03:14 AM)BlackWidowG2 Wrote:  Bot crashes game when attempting to attach. First I have encountered an issue since running it. Though I am a 'newer' user (10 days no problems).

Windows 10
DX9 client
Settings are lowest
I use Avast but never get flags

EDIT TO UPDATE: I uninstalled the client and re-installed and it works fine. I believe what 'broke' it was the most recent update, so I am just not installing said update for now.

I have been having this as well. sometimes I can have the bot running fine other times, crashing when attaching the bot. Seems if I am just in the character selection screen that I have a higher chance of it working... for a while.

Sometimes I get graphical distortion before the crash.

I am on windows 10, Nvidia 750 ti, avast but its off during the game with exceptions for the bot and game directories. I use the attach button.