Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collect @ Specified Wear
Hey! Bot works splendidly. I'm more interested in enhancing its functionality though. I was attempting to create a Gathering profile to level my miner from 51-60 by spamming the Dragon Obsidians in Western Coerthas (which are not time based) and my skill profile sometimes has my wear ending at 25 as opposed to the usual 30 (as that's all is necessary sometimes and allows for 2 collects with 0 gp cost). I'm hoping you could expand the functionality of function e_collectiblegame:execute() in ffxiv_task_gather.lua to take in a new variable from the gathering profile, say, ["CollectAtWear"] = ____
and to collect at this given wear rather than the assumed 30 in line 1631:

if (info.rarity > 0 and
            (((info.rarity >= tonumber(requiredRarity)) and tonumber(requiredRarity) > 0) or
            (info.rarity == info.raritymax) or
            (info.wear == 30))) -- instead (info.wear == gatheringProfile.CollectAtWear)

I tried editing the file myself but it disabled its functionality within the bot (which I'm sure is to protect your software from being tampered with or pirated).

Another thing that I'm wondering though, Is there any way to force the bot to not collect under certain conditions? E.g. if I'm resetting an ephemeral node, I simply have to go up to 2 other nodes (1 from 2 different pairs) and initiate the collection window but not actually collect anything. Another example would be if I don't meet the required rarity and would just rather cancel the gather and move on to the next node. This one is not as pressing.

Thanks for your time and the great bot though ♥
try adding a collection rating ..
once it hits that rating at 25 it should collect.
if that fails it should still gather at 30 wear.
I do have a rarity minimum set for it to collect at. I believe from the conditionals that it just doesn't begin to collect unless the wear is 30. The skill profile I use has a chance of doing either instinctual → instinctual (completes at 30 wear) or instinctual → methodical (completes at 25) and in the latter, it simply doesn't collect. The pro to this rotation is that it allows a node to yield 2 collect at 0 gp cost but the con is that 20.12% of the time, it won't achieve the rarity (instinctual → instinctual) and will collect as normal items. 20.62% of the time it will instinctual → instinctual to the correct rarity and collect properly. And lastly 59.26% of the time it will instinctual → methodical and have the proper rarity but it can't collect because it has 25 wear and I'd rather not spend another action to lose the extra collect hit just to achieve the 30 wear to initiate the bot's collect.
Although.. rereading ffxiv_task_gather, the conditional on line 1629 (info.rarity >= tonumber(requiredRarity)) and tonumber(requiredRarity) > 0) should be triggered, no?
The first part is comparing the item's rarity data to the rarity set in the profile and the second part is merely checking if the rarity was even manually set (since requiredRarity is defaulted to 0). I'm not entirely sure how requiredRarity is being set but am I wrong in assuming its parsing the gathering profile for the collectable value? At line 1615 it has
requiredRarity = cval
which I'm hoping cval is linked to
["collectables"] = {
["Dragon Obsidian"] = 240;
};
this value in the gathering profile? So I'm unsure how that line is failing, actually...
I tried to use markers instead of a gathering profile and setting the Collectible min value for Dragon Obsidian in the gathering GUI to see if I could get a different result... Nada :\