Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.15 Average
[Module] Party Follow Assist v4
(07-12-2016, 12:49 AM)rafale101 Wrote:  
(07-12-2016, 12:25 AM)JWD1994 Wrote:  
(07-11-2016, 09:41 AM)rafale101 Wrote:  Wanted to try this to farm ESO but I don't have Aetherochemical Research Facility mesh.  Anyone can share?

Try this. Not 100% sure if this was the latest one I made for it but try it.

Thank you very much. Just tried it and have 2 minor issue.  

1) Using assist mode it keeps go next to my assister (tank) so keep getting frontal attack damage from first boss. I was using bard.
2) After zoning when tank is far away it zone back to previous area and then keep zoning back and forth (I don't use teleport).

They shouldn't always go in front but I always just played the tank myself so if the did get in the way which wasn't often at all for me I'd just move.
You could adjust the mesh to help with the walking back and forth but I just used teleport for when I'd move through a zone in dungeon.
Thanks for this module! I've used it a few times on THM/BLM inside dungeons (like Sastasha etc) and having the same issue when using your settings; my character stacks on the tank for every pull which can be an annoyance to them and the healer(s). Is there a fix for this?

Or would you recommend using party-grind for inside dungeons?
Updated for new Minion Button :)
(09-01-2016, 11:51 PM)JWD1994 Wrote:  Updated for new Minion Button :)

Thanks!!
Necrobump...

This is an awesome addon. I've been using it for most content but as most people know nav meshes won't ever work out properly in Palace of the Dead. I was looking at the code and understand it uses a mesh to follow the character its set to. Would there be any chance we could please get an update of yours to either exclude navmeshes altogether or a 'toggle' to disable it from requiring one?

An example of another follow addon...

http://www.mmominion.com/thread-18104-po...#pid150559

The 'Follow Me' addon Tadeus wrote does the job for inside PotD but it doesn't have randomized movement. So, having 2+ chars follow you in a strictly uniform matter looks a lil bad :x

Anyhow regardless of it all I do appreciate the time you put into this as it has been quite helpful, thank you
(02-23-2017, 05:12 AM)modena Wrote:  Necrobump...

This is an awesome addon. I've been using it for most content but as most people know nav meshes won't ever work out properly in Palace of the Dead. I was looking at the code and understand it uses a mesh to follow the character its set to. Would there be any chance we could please get an update of yours to either exclude navmeshes altogether or a 'toggle' to disable it from requiring one?

An example of another follow addon...

http://www.mmominion.com/thread-18104-po...#pid150559

The 'Follow Me' addon Tadeus wrote does the job for inside PotD but it doesn't have randomized movement. So, having 2+ chars follow you in a strictly uniform matter looks a lil bad :x

Anyhow regardless of it all I do appreciate the time you put into this as it has been quite helpful, thank you

Hey, Check out the 64 bit version. Has LOADS more. Has PoTD mode. Also gotta release this update I've got here that will automatically move them into the passage if the leader is in it :D
I believe his just uses the in game follow system which isn't as good at it once was back in the days where it would follow your exact path so it wouldn't get stuck. 
As for the exact path and stacking would be on a normal follow you can change the follow / stop ranges to help prevent that a little. I'll be doing some more work to the potd mode on it tho so maybe something a little better will be out soon. 
Also will be working on some meshed for potd again for 64 bit. I had alot of 32bit done.
Anyway this is the 64bit version i suggest you give it a try. http://www.mmominion.com/thread-17832.html
Awesome! I've been meaning to try out x64 besides, so this definitely sells me on it now. Thank you