Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Scenery (Sightseeing Log addon)
Hey folks!

Some news about Scenery... Thx to Juju you can now use Scenery as a "press start" content, since minion is now able to parse your sightseeing log! Manual mode is still working, we just added an "auto" mode.
Also, new nav system is going to hit. That's a real step forward. Bad news first, Scenery will be dead during a few days. I need to adapt all jumps to new nav system. Good news: the new radius setting on each jump allows.... crazy things. Like that's finally possible to delete all the hack stuff. Even for content like Kugane Tower. I'm waiting for the new nav system release to see what is the best i can do with this new tool.
Revolt, Dominion, Dailies, Poacher, Navigator, FPH & Scenery support on Bottox Discord.
With new navigation system going to be released on ffxiv minion, Scenery needs a TOTAL mesh-side rework. I started to update Scenery and the new Bottox Mesh, but those changes, i'm sure, will break some vistas with the actual nav system. So during a few days don't run it being afk.
Good news, new nav system allows nice things. So far -20% of hacks usage and "return to idle location", and 80% of "offmesh connections" are now real jumps.
Revolt, Dominion, Dailies, Poacher, Navigator, FPH & Scenery support on Bottox Discord.
After i spent a lot of time on Scenery for new nav, i can say the whole content can't be ported to new nav for now (unlike Dailies that are ready for new nav and working very well with it). Maybe im not enough skilled with mesh, but definitely i can't reproduce some tricky vistas. Jumps, landings, everything works well on large areas, but on tiny spaces that are now recognized as "separated mesh part", it's a pain. Those parts are now considered as "bad mesh part". Old macromesh was ok to consolidate the path between 2 parts. Not the new one.
According to devs say, those problems are from my side. So like i said on discord, i'll wait for final release and see if it's still possible to port the whole content to new nav.
New navigation system is out!
Please delete all Bottox mesh files on your navigation folder. Then add the new mesh files, available here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/58y542jst5012...cumLa?dl=0
ARR and HW parts of the sightseeing log are back and optimized for new navigation system.
You need to update your Bottox Mesh for this:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/58y542jst5012...cumLa?dl=0

SB part should be back during the next days.
Then waiting for 5.0!
SB #26 completely fails he gets about 2 jumps in then falls an runs off the wall
@Uplinkpro yes Stormblood part is not really ready.
Not only the #26 will not work. Some will work, but no each time you will try, like sometimes it will fail to land on particular places.
Right now all the ARR and HW part should be running smooth on new nav system.

I still need to spend some time on the Stormblood part. Also bonus Shirogane puzzle is still buggy. Some underwater vistas too.
Give me a week and they should all be back to normal. New Namazu tribe needed all our focus since 4.3 were released.
all hosted Bottox icons for this forum are dead, provider is gone. Fook!
Dailies, Scenery, Poacher etc... All forum threads look like terrible. I'll fix this tomorrow.
I am happy to say the bot completed all HW scenery without problems.
But I am still stuck on a few Realm Reborn ones, I read some guides and know that some of the are dependent on weather and such, but not all. At any rate, I disabled all HW and SB checkboxes, and these have yet to complete:
A Realm Reborn
37 38 39 47 50
62 63 68 72
76 80

Quick Edit: It also spazzed out earlier and tried to repeatedly jump on top of (and fail) the Blue Badger Gate leading in Central Shroud from Gridania. I have no idea why, because I didn't see any scenery markers nearby. It also stopped trying to do it after that one time no matter manual or auto. I have bottox mesh installed. Teleport and Paranoid both unchecked.
Thx Dagu to report this. ARR part were fixed like 1 month ago and with all last nav updates, some things have changed behavior side.
Thanks to your detailed report i know what to focus.
I need to test again all SB part too and fix landings with mesh update.