Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MinionApp Unexpected Behavior
Hi guys!

I am seeing strangeness in MinionApp.

I have 8 accounts, for the sake of security by obscurity let's call them A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H.

I have setup 8 entries for 64bit and 8 entries for 32bit for each account (so 16 lines total).

I have MinionApp configured so that 64bit is in the top half and 32bit is in the bottom half.  So, something like this:

FFXIV Minion 64
  Group 1
    A 64bit
    B 64bit
    C 64bit
    D 64bit
  Group 2
    E 64bit
    F 64bit
    G 64bit
    H 64bit

FFXIV Minion
  Group 3
    A 32bit
    B 32bit
    C 32bit
    D 32bit
  Group 4
    E 32bit
    F 32bit
    G 32bit
    H 32bit

If I start from the top half, 64bit, everything works fine.

If I start from the bottom half, 32bit, it will begin to launch the game then almost immediately the line will say waiting for bot to attach, but then the corresponding account in the top half, 64bit, will act like I tried to start it instead, the game is killed and I get game frozen in the 64bit one, while the 32bit one just sits there waiting for the bot to notify it.

Interestingly, I have swapped the top and bottom so that 32bit is top and 64bit is bottom, the problem continues to be the one started at the bottom, so bitness isn't a factor it's the position in the list.

I could do several things to overcome this weirdness, but I thought you guys should know about it.

I made a short video clip of it, so maybe you can understand it better visually.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gy136a0wna5zep...r.wmv?dl=0

Oh yeah, and something else I noticed.  If I start one on the bottom, say F 32bit, and right as it starts I kill minionapp, then the game and bot load fine and everything works.  If I then start minionapp back up, the account in the top half, F 64bit, says it's the one that's running, even though I actually started F 32bit from the bottom.
thank you for the detailed error report. We will investigate the problem.
Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
(03-15-2017, 08:31 AM)fxfire Wrote:  you shouldn't mix 32 and 64bit ...but besides that, how did you create the entries for 32 and 64, was it a copy paste or did you manually edit the accounts.xxx file with a texteditor and duplicated the entries for 64bit ?

I did it several ways.  The first time it was a manual edit of the config file, copy/paste the 8 profiles then changing the program to #8 and the executable path to dx11.  When I noticed the strange behavior, I whacked all the 64bit characters that I had copy/pasted then created them again through minionapp like you would normally do, but that didn't change anything, strange behavior continued.  So then I just wiped out all the characters via minionapp and started over creating every account from scratch in the minionapp, but still no joy.

I waited for several weeks before reporting this hoping it was just something you guys would get around to eventually.  Then I decided to check the forum to see if anyone had already reported it, but didn't find anything.  So, here we are.

The only reason I have both 32bit and 64bit is because I have to keep switching between the 2 until 64bit is complete.  I do a lot of crafting, so I have to use 32bit for that, but everything else I use 64bit because it is so stable and runs for hours and hours and never crashes.